We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guidance on a place to stay

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lemoore, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Guidance on a place to stay

Hello my friend and I are both male in our late 20's looking for suggestions on a good all inclusive place to stay in Cabo. Maybe a place where you would find some single women or at least a younger crowd???

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Guidance on a place to stay

wapo,

i dont stay in AIs , i have in other places and have had good and poor experiences but if your trying to be in the thick of things i guess RIU would be something to look at. I would suggest that you consider looking at a nice resort right in Cabo where you would be close to all of the action and night life. AIs are good but IMHO they kind of hold you hostage to the resort. you can go to Cabo, eat and drink well on the cheap and have the autonomy to go and do as you please and not adhere to the resorts schedule or limited/third rate food etc. part of the adventure of going to a place like Los Cabos is to get involved with the local community and in many ways i think AIs limit that. Cabo is a place where you can spend a fortune or a modest amount and still enjoy all of the food,drink and activities that there is to offer(not to mention the Ladys). Just food for thought. Buena Suerte... jim

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo...
7,108 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Guidance on a place to stay

If you're looking at AI to save money, you may find quite the opposite true. The same $$ you put into AI, you could spend at all the nightclubs and restaurants in Cabo. I understand why families choose AI, but IMO- two single guys are going to want to lay some cash down at El Squid Roe, Giggling Marlin, and Cabo Wabo, places where there'll be plenty of single women. It's just something to consider. I know you guys will have a blast whichever way you go.

Mentioned in this post
EL SQUID ROE
EL SQUID ROE
644 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Giggling Marlin
Giggling Marlin
271 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Cabo Wabo
Cabo Wabo
5,052 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guidance on a place to stay

I agree with YM. You limit yourself. The Melia San Lucas is IMO where you would want to stay. It is right on Medano Beach and right by all the action. It is known to be where the younger crowd likes to stay. :-)

Oh, to be in my 20s!

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,691 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico