We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new england
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

Hello. My husband and I are looking to visit cabo through our Interval int'l time share exchange. We prefer to stay at the Welks resort since it's new and looks really nice, but the property isn't available. The places that have availability include: casa dorada at San lucas bay, villa del pal mar-cab, casa dorado at medano beach. Can anyone provide recommendations regarding these properties? are the rooms nice and how are the locations? Thanks!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,498 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

Does Interval list Casa Dorada San Lucas Bay and Casa Dorada Medano Beach as different properties? I haven't heard these names. The other Casa Dorada properties are Club CD Beach & Golf Resort (Dreams) and Club CD Spa & Golf Resort (Hilton); they are in the Tourist Corridor.

Casa Dorada Medano Beach is much nicer than Villa del Palmar. It's in a great location and is much newer. Here is the webcam to the beach: http://www.cabovillas.com/campage.asp?id=4

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,414 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

I agree! The rooms at Casa Dorada Medano Beach are beautiful and this resort is much closer to town- it will be just a few minutes to the marina area and downtown.

Villa del Palmar is an older resort down at the far end of Medano beach so it's a bit of a walk into town- maybe 30 minutes. Many reviews say it is a bit outdated and rundown but familes with children love it there because of the pool and the whale slide.

If it is just you and your husband, I would go with the Casa Dorada but make sure it is the one on Medano beach. There are other resorts with Casa Dorada in there name too.

new england
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

These are the 3 casa dorada properties listed on the II site:

Here are the properties listed on the II site:

Casa Dorada San Lucas Bay

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico  

Casa Dorada at Médano Beach

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico  

Club Casa Dorada Spa and Golf Resort

San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico  

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

Casa Dorada on Medano is newer than VDP and better rated on TA. We've stayed at CD last October. Pros: Newer and location. Cons: Front desk service lacking...overal feeling of could be a 4* location and doesn't quite make it vibe....and active timeshare selling. (However we did think the pool bar service was AWESOME. If you stay there, say hello to Juan! He's great!) Location does mean that you will hear bar noise from The Office and Mango Deck. We closed our doors at night...helped some. But won't be our first choice because of the ongoing all night party noise from the beach restaurants.

The Club Casa Dorada on Interval is The Hilton timeshares. We will be staying at the hotel next month and am looking forward to 'peeking' at the condos to see what they are like.

Dartmouth...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

FYI- I also belong to II and they just did a name change -Casa Dorada San Lucas Bay, is the Melia Hotel not Casa Dorada Medano Beach Resort. When you view the resort amenities you will see the Hotel Name and address. Not sure why they did this? I noticed a few days ago, hope this helps.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,498 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

So is Casa Dorada San Lucas Bay the ME Cabo or the Melia Cabo Real? It sounds like the ME Cabo (AKA Cabo San Lucas Beach & Tennis Club) since it's on "San Lucas Bay."

OP ~ go with the Casa Dorada Medano Beach!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

Go for Casa Dorado Medano Beach. It has a great location and is only a couple years old. VDP is older and farther down the beach away from town.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

I would agree...Casa Dorada on Medano Beach above the ME Melia, either one of them...the one in the corridor OR the one next door to the Casa Dorada Medano beach. Casa Dorada is much, much nicer than both of those.

9. Re: Casa dorada San Lucas bay or villa del pal mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 24, 2011