We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

We are heading to Cabo this Saturday Jan 6th. We were reading the weather forecast and were alittle surprised at the cool evening temps (52F to 66F). It doesn't get that cold at night in the summertime in Ontario so I am stumped as to what to pack. Summer stuff for the day and winter stuff for night? Please help. My suitcase is only so big.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who posts info on this forum. It has otherwise been quite helpful.

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

S&T....

We were there a week ago, and I was worried about the temps, too....but really, you don't notice it. Probably because we did so much walking. But I don't recall getting cold. Especially if you aren't right on the water. You have buildings that block the wind. And, of course, as YM says....the tequilla (or whatever works for you) doesn't hurt, either! Have a great trip!

Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Thank yu very much. We are getting ready to leave tomorrow and fly out at the crack of dawn on Saturday morn. Looking forward to the sunny days and relaxing and fun nights. I may be more of a beer drinker than tequila girl but I am sure it will be fun! Thanks to all. cya

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

S&T,

Have a great,safe trip and tell us all about it when you return.

Wishing you lots of Sun and Fun!

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

I have stayed at the Solmar in the past and I must say that walking up that hill after dinner or cocktails is just Wrong.Walk DOWN the hill at a nice easy pace with a drink in your hand and enjoy the view.Build up an appetite for dinner and a good buzz.Why kill that buzz gettin a sweat going back up?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Redneck --- I hear what you are saying - however, on many nights, it would take more than that walk to kill my buzz. I have taken a taxi back on occasions and it was worth every penny!!!!

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

That's funny! We stayed at the Finisterra so we had the same issue with the hill....but I would always forget to call a cab until I was standing at the bottom of the hill looking up....I never did take a cab up! Guess I'll have to go back so I can get it right this time! :)

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Lisa...there was only two times I took the taxi. One time was the day I climbed those rocks to Lover's Beach (that's before the beach got washed way infront of the first couple rocks)...then we took the water taxi to Merdona Beach, walked all the way back to Solmar and then walk to town for dinner after we showered and got cleaned up. I figured that was plenty of walking for one day - especially for someone with little legs (hahahha) By the way, the climb was interesting over the rocks and I did have to have help over the last one because I was too short to manage on my own.

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

LOL tig.....I don't have that problem....I have...as they say....legs up to my neck! But climbing definitely takes it's toll, that's for sure! Sounds like you had fun, though! It is amazing to me how much walking you do in Cabo...I think next time I'll take a pedometer with me!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Lisa -I kind of figured you were tall - you look it in your picture - could ya spare a little height for me (tehehhe).

Tooley, you look tall to - are you? But then to a person 5'1" - almost everyone looks tall next to me.