We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

Which do you recommend? Is it worth $250 - $300 extra per person for a week to stay at Estancia? We don't mind paying if it's worth it.

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

I had the same questions a few weeks ago and after talking to several friends who have stayed at both recently we booked la estancia. From what I learned, VDP is much larger, more crowded, lots more kids/families and has a big time share aspect. La estancia is much smaller with less of the screaming kid scene. You get to use all of the VDP facilities but they don't get to use yours. The rooms are much bigger with full kitchens and extra baths and huge terraces. They are all pretty new so they are just nicer units I believe. The gym and spa are supposedly very nice and new, I assume you could use them if you were not staying there. We found some good deals going direct vs package deals. Just my thoughts...have fun.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

Grant, I believe the gym and spa are shared by the two facilities, so it shouldn't matter which one you stay at to use these.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

We're going March 22-29, so I'm hoping there won't be too many kids, since school breaks tend to be in Feb or April. We found good deals for both direct through owner as well, at both resorts it was 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, full kitchen, living room, etc, but Estancia was $1200 more for the week. We figured we'd hardly ever be in the room and since they're next to each other on the beach (which is where we intend to spend most of our time!), we'll just hang out closer to the Estancia side. :)

Not sure if the Spa is one in the same, but the Spa at VDP sure looked nice! I bet there won't be any kids in there!

Westchester New...
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

Cabo Girl

Villa Del Palmer, and Villa Estancia are on the same property, they share the same Spa & Gym, also the same stores, Deli,ice cream parlor, video rental,laundromat,and various gift stores.

Estancia is much more upscale than VDP,i have been in both but so far only stayed in VDP which is great.They are building another property there villa del Arco which is beautiful and should be open summer 2006.

They are all owned by Universal Vacation Club. The beach is shared by all 3, but be very careful swimming, as the undertow there is horrendous and will knock you off your feet if you are not careful.

If you are single then i would suggest VDP as there is alot more going on than Estancia which is very quiet,VDP has several themed nights, Mexican, Beach party,African,etc.

my husband and i will also be in VDP feb28th

to march 7th also.

if you need any more info about VDP let me know.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

Well, I hate to go against what many people here have said, but I think Villa La Estancia has it all over VDP. I wouldn't stay at VDP if it were free...sorry...but I feel that strongly. We talked with two different couples who had traded their timeshares for a week at VDP and they were very disappointed. One even said it was the worst timeshare they had ever stayed at. (bad views, loud music, cheaply decorated, etc.)

We recently stayed at La Estancia for a week and it was magnificient. It's quiet, elegant, beautiful and very upgraded. My only complaint was that sometimes you could hear the microphones and loudspeakers from VDP as they played pool volleyball or bingo or whatever. Also, the spa that both VDP and Estancia share is not all that great. It's actually run by the VDP staff...so no surprise...it's rather inexpensive but the most bare bones spa that I've ever visited. Reminded me of a "day spa."

Of course, it really comes down to what you want. It seems that VDP caters to a much younger and louder and partygoing type of crowd. If you are in your 30's and going with girlfriends, then that might be great. I just celebrated my 50th b-day last month at La Estancia and found it to be elegant, beautful, pristine, and classy. If you want to look into La Estancia, check out vacationrentals.com. We rented directly from an owner for almost half price the rack rate.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip to Cabo...it's a great place to relax and enjoy!

seattle
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

Cabo Girl...I have stayed at VDP and taken the tour of Estancia....VDP is more of a hotel property...with fun lively atmosphere. Estancia was more like condos for people that go and stay for a long amount of time. No pool entertainment like at VDP...The rooms at Estancia were gorgous but for me, I would much rather stay in a "nice" room such as the VDP and pay less and save my money for going on excursions and going out to the nightlife in town. The rooms at VDP were decent with full kitchens. Not sure how old you are but VDP is for the younger crowd looking to have fun and Estancia reminded me of my grandmothers retirement home--Very quiet!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Villa La Estancia or Villa Del Palmar?

I'm thinking of VDP with my 2 kids, 12 and 15. It seems reasonably priced and nice enough too. What do you all think?