We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
just got back

Just got back from CSL and SJDC yesterday. It was amazing. Stayed at Las Ventanas for 3 nights (Ryan Seacrest, Jennifer Lopez, and Marc Anthony were all there). Then made my way to Pueblo Bonito Rose where I was supposed to stay for 5 nights, but decided it was waaaaaayyy too busy, and the service was pretty bad. I ended up staying one night there and then checked into Esperanza down the street, which was AMAZING. Even better than Las Ventanas I thought. Food was awesome, both on resort and off resort. My favorite was La Golandrina in CSL. Mariscos Mazatlan was also good food, but the restaurant itself was dirty. The biggest disappointment was Lorenzillo. Waaaaayyyyy overhyped -- the food was expensive, but not tasty.

chicago
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back

dave,sounds great.I wish we had chosen Las Ventanas instead of Dreams(what a dissapointment)Las Ventanas for sure next trip.I agree with you about Lorenzillos ,we ordered a $60.00 seafood APPETIZER and thought it would be wonderful because of the price but NO.We have also went to their Cancun location which I thought was better.By any chance did you try the

Tropicana in SJDC? It was great.Well it stinks to be back in cold Chicago for us,I'm ready for the next trip.Happy Holidays

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back

colloid,

Thanks for the report! I couldnt agree more about Lorenzillos, over priced and third rate food. Buena Suerte..... jim