We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
WI
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

Hey all you Cabo pros, we are a couple in our 40's heading to Cado late Feb from WI so I'm not worried about the weather :) We were wondering what people thought about the Costa Real.....I have been reading the posts for a week or so now and haven't heard anyone talk about the Costa Real....We know it isn't the best place in town but heard it was clean and food was good. We won't be spending our week in our hotel room, we like to see and do something different all the time. Has anyone stayed there lately?? Any input would be great!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

Halliewd

Did you read any of these?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152515-d153087… -Reviews-Costa_Real_Cabo_Resort_and_Suite s-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_ California.html

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

I stay there 3 weeks a year. It's exactly as you indicated. Clean and the people are friendly. It's right on the inner harbor. When you check in, ask for a room close to the elevator or it can be a long walk to your room. The best thing about the hotel is it's location, it's walking distance to EVERYTHING. The hotel is equal to Holiday Inns.

kansas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

Looks like we will be there next week and are also in our 40's.

It sounds as you describe, clean but not upscale by any means.

I'm going for the weather not the hotel as it is 5 degrees here now.

We did not take the all inclusive as we want to get around townbut I am looking for a breakfast place and heve read that hotel buffet breakfasts can run $25/person.

Any ideas?

indiana
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

hi we are leaving in a week and staying there for 10 days i hope its nice, we are in our late 40s, and always do all inclusives, we dont care about fancy, as long as the rooms are nice and clean and the food and drinks are good,i am a little scared from all the reviews

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

You can get breakfast almost anywhere. Here are a few I have eaten at. All in walking distance of your hotel.

Mama's -Best breakfast in town- On Hildigo St ,3 blocks

Spencers- in the Mar de Cortez hotel, same owner as Mama's

Stop Light Restaurant- right next to Squid Roe

Caliente- right next to the Costa

Goldbergs Deli- right by the Costa it's open 24 hours and has great deli food besides breakfasts.

Sleepless Lobster- basic $4.00 lobster omlettes and $2.50 omlettes-behind Squid Roe

That should keep you from getting hungry in the morning.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

Lefty:

Don't worry it's a nice place. I have been staying there for 10 years 3 weeks a year. The rooms are clean (maid service every day), nice pool overlooking the harbor, and GREAT location. You may not want the A.I. , to many restaurants and bars with-in walking didtance.

l

Belmont, Michigan
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

Halliewd... we stayed at the Costa Real (then Plaza Las Glorias) last year after reading bad and good things. We're in our 30s and it was nerve wracking decision. BEST CHOICE. Food was great, service was great, pool was so-so but it was available. Rooms were cleaned daily in the morning. LOCATION made it so we could walk 5 minutes to get downtown to the bars and felt safe walking back at bar close (2 women). We are going back tomorrow. BOOK IT DANO!

indiana
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

we just got back, we were there 10 days, the costa real was really nice . i was a little bit scared from the reveiws, but it was wonderful we did all inclusive, the food was wonderful, the wine was great. the beds were hard as a rock, but if you call done for an egg carton you have to tell them sponge/// ask for an up grade we were on the 5th floor,and the veiw was to die for.our baloney was as big as our room. dont pack much no room to put anything, but allyou need is swim suit, it was cold at night we wore a jacket.we went to all the bars cabo wabo and gijjling marlin. we are in our late 40s and we had a blast. fell free to email me for more imformation. theis is probably a place we would go back, and we always do all inclucives and have been everywhere. fancy its not but nice it is. have fun Lefty

indiana
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

sorry my spell check is off thanks trapper for all your imformation i like i love i want some more of it...Cant wait to go agin Lefty

WI
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa Real - Plaza Las Glorias

Lefty,

Thanks for all the info!! I can't wait, as the freezing rain/snow mix falls :)) Hey question, was the pool under construction while you were there?? Also your great room, did you go "standand"?? Did you tip to get the great room?? Any info is great!!