We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding information

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Wedding information

Hey everyone I am trying to find out information about hotels in cabo for weddings. Has anyone out there been married at the playa grade or pueblo bonito? Is it worth getting a wedding coordinator or easy to do by yourself?

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding information

Hi,

Congratulations on your wedding and you picked a perfect place to get married!!

There are actually 4 Pueblo Bonito properties. The Rose, Blanco, Sunset Beach and Pacifico. Sunset Beach and Pacifico are located on the Pacific Ocean and the other two are in town on Medano Beach. All of them are really nice. Pacifico does not allow kids. Sunset Beach is built on a mountain so you get around the property on golf carts. Might not be the best place for a older group. Rose and Blanco are within walking distance to everything in town and is on a swimmable beach. Sunset and Pacifico you are not able to swim in the ocean because of undertows.

Playa Grande is also on the Pacific Ocean, I haven't been to the property but have heard good things about it.

Regarding wedding coordinators - Playa Grande does not allow outside wedding coordinators to work there, but all the Pueblo Bonito properties do. I can say that alot of brides go with outside coordinators because most resorts are very hard to contact and if you do use an onsite person there at the resort you will most likely be working with someone in sales or food & beverage or an assistant who don't really specialize in weddings or have the time to give you the personal attention to what you envision for your wedding.

When are you looking to get married?

marciescout

Mentioned in this post
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Beach Resort
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos...
3,619 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,713 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,170 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding information

Hks,

As much as I love Playa Grande I don't know about a wedding there. I saw one last year right by the pool and it was a really windy day and glasses went crashing to the ground and everyone was blowing around.

Here are a bunch of half naked people(bathing attire) roaming around the wedding party swimming and such. It was a little odd to say the least.

The Pacific side tends to be breezier and so thats just something to take into concideration. The Solmar, on the Pacific, is in a beautiful spot and protected some from the wind with big beautiful rock formations. Picture perfect spot. Quiet and more private.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,170 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Solmar Resort
Solmar Resort
1,930 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,371 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding information

I married on the beach at Solmar several years ago, planned it all with the Manager and it was super!

Mentioned in this post
Solmar Resort
Solmar Resort
1,930 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico