We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU/Cabo General Questions...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
4 posts
Save Topic
RIU/Cabo General Questions...

Hi,

My fiance and I will be at the RIU from 2/19-2/25 and we were wondering what kind of dress code there is for dining at the RIU. We have never been to any kind of resort like this and I think that I've heard that there is a certain requirement for restaurants? Would Khakis, a short sleeved button down shirt and sandals be appropriate?

Also, any other recommendations for SUV tours, things to see or do while in Cabo is appreciated. Or just misc things to bring that we might not think of?

Some people have mentioned that some room #'s or sections are better than others, can you call ahead to try to request a certain room?

Thanks!

John

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU/Cabo General Questions...

Most restaurants want long pants to be worn by the men for dinner. A short sleeve collared shirt is fine. I'm not sure about a footwear requirement. I think the hotel makes this necessary because if you 'open the door' to shorts then you'll get certain guests arriving for dinner in a bathing suit and tank top. My son was asked to change from his knee lenth dress shorts in the Japanese Restaurant... it's ok in Bermuda!?! A policy is a policy, I guess. Lunch and breakfast are casual.

Try a day trip to Todos Santos (hotel California location - as in the Eagles). Nice little artisan town. Whale watching is a must Cabo Expeditions is a good way to see it if you're a little more adventurous. Have a good time.

PS, CA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU/Cabo General Questions...

Sandals and shorts will not be acceptable in the 4 Dining rooms that require reservastions. A button down shirt is required.

Boston, MA
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU/Cabo General Questions...

Thanks for the input!

I was also curious about what to do as far as bringing money or paying for things is concerned. I'm assuming we'll book transfers to and from the airport in advance, but other things like tours...do they take credit cards & is that the best way to pay for them?

I know we'll bring maybe like $50 or $60 in singles for tipping, but I wasn't sure if we should bring more cash of higher denominations, just use credit cards or use our ATM cards (I assume the RIU has an ATM) and get local currency that way with a good rate? I'd assume that traveler's cheques are a pain in the butt?

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU/Cabo General Questions...

as for dinner, I believe I wore my sandals with long pants and they didn't say anything to me...

Trips can be booked with credit cards...I did bring some cash for tipping and shopping but unfortunately we did not get out to shop

PS, CA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU/Cabo General Questions...

Well, yeah.....if they cant see your sandals...shorts and sandals wont cut it