We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

Does anyone have any information on staying with Baja Adventure? www.bajaadventure.com

Also, is it safe for us to drive from San Diego?

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

We drove from San Diego, left on Oct 31st. We crossed the border at 4:30am, got our travel papers at the border and made it all the way to Geurro Negro the first night. Not planned but it was easy. Stayed at a great place, which I will look up if you like. It was like 50 dollars and great food! The next day we drove to Mulege and stayed at the Hotel Serenidad, $75. Leisurly day and could have gone further for sure. Day three we drove to Todos Santos and had no desire to go further south, except to "Art and Beer". We stayed three nights, which gave us two great, full days. We were back in San Diego on Monday, doing the same route back. Stayed Saturday night in Mulege again and experienced the pig roast at the Hotel Serenidad. Nothing is very expensive. We rented the car in San Diego and for $25 a day we had insurnace in Mexico. It was great! Good luck.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

Not sure how you can save money by flying to San Diego... seems to me all your savings will go towards a rental car and its going to cost you in time.. fly direct.

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

sjrb...I like your strategy...cross the border at 4:30 and hit the half point by nightfall. That part of the drive is mostly monotonous anyway. Hmmm..might try that next time. My problem was that by the time I had crossed the border I'd already driven 10 hours and 600 miles from Northern California.

Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

Next time you should do a sleep over in San Diego! A great place to re-fresh! Gees I really loved that drive!..but you are right, the best is the south.

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

sjrb, what did you love about the drive? After last years drive I said I would fly for my next visit which is coming up in June. Now, I'm starting to flirt with the idea of driving. What time of year did you drive? I imagine early June would be preferable to my trip first week in August.

I stayed in La Pintas...what did you do about lodging?

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

ck. out "offroads" post(new) on Baja Calif. forum. Great info on his road trip.

Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

Baja..sorry I just saw this question. What I loved about the drive is the changes in the scenery. There were so many different "areas". We drove straight to Guerro Negro (the north was pretty boring) and stayed at a good place there called Malarrima. It had a great restaurant and the rooms were clean and reasonable. Between there and Mulege it was so pretty! (the rocks of Catavina were unique)...but after Mulege, wow - incredibly beautiful. We just drove there the first week in November...took three days and had some time for a couple little adventures. We even took in the pig roast on Saturday night at Hotel Serenidad in Mulege on the way back. Watch out for the margaritas!

Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Staying with Baja Adventure and driving from San Diego...

Baja..sorry I just saw this question. What I loved about the drive is the changes in the scenery. There were so many different "areas". We drove straight to Guerro Negro (the north was pretty boring) and stayed at a good place there called Malarrima. It had a great restaurant and the rooms were clean and reasonable. Between there and Mulege it was so pretty! (the rocks of Catavina were unique)...but after Mulege, wow - incredibly beautiful. We just drove there the first week in November...took three days and had some time for a couple little adventures. We even took in the pig roast on Saturday night at Hotel Serenidad in Mulege on the way back. Watch out for the margaritas!