We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Welcome to the May edition of the Daily Weather Update! I will once again attempt to give an accurate accounting of the day's weather conditions, as experienced from the deck of my Cabo weather center. All weather instruments are in place: Wind socks (potted plants), Dew point indicator (wet or dry dog), temperature gauge (rusty thermometer), doppler radar (Ok, I'll admit, I never had one of those), Focus enhancer (coffee)......

Here's the link to the live webcams, so you can check out the local scene for yourself: http://www.cabovillas.com/campage.asp?id=4

This month, in addition to reporting the weather, I'm going to add popular song lyrics that represent the weather of the day. I'm hoping I can come up with a lot of songs about sunshine :)

May is shaping up to be an exciting month in Cabo. Let's just hope the weather stays boring..... looking forward to reporting many "hot and sunny" days

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Saturday, May 1. Happy May Day and happy Labor Day (in Mexico)

Well, if the patio furniture at the bottom of my pool is any indication, we had some serious wind gusts last night. It's still breezy this morning, with occasional gusts whipping around. Low 70's and mostly sunny at 10:30am, with some cloud cover hanging around. No cruise ships in port. In fact, I don't see any water activity at all, not one boat.

To mark labor day in Cabo, some businesses will be closed and there were parades in downtown Cabo and San Jose this morning (big solidarity marches, followed by union speeches and festivities). This is an important day for the workers and strong labor unions of Mexico

Today's musical forecast, by Lynyrd Skynyrd:

"Well now they call me the breeze

I keep blowin' down the road

Well now they call me the breeze

I keep blowin' down the road

I ain't got me nobody

I don't carry me no load

Oooh Mr Breeze"

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Oh...I love your new music idea Tyler cuz I suck at spanish, but I love Rock n Roll!!!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Of course the furniture is in the pool ~ it's May, Lol! That is to funny.

Music, what a great idea! How do you keep coming up with them?

I already know my song I want to see, I'll look each day for it :-)!

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Tyler: Music about the sun is not so hard. I could do that. Only 1 problem, there are more than 3 days in May!!!!!!

Edited: 1:23 pm, May 01, 2010
Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,757 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Tyler!! Great idea!!

Looking forward to a fun month...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
475 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Awesome idea Tyler, lovin it! I know the song I'm waiting for too......Looking forward to your reports =)

Lori

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

This would be a snap for Glynnis....Lots more "Stormy Weather"...and Grey Skyes...tunes than Sunny ones...;)

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,564 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Tyler........this should be fun! You always make us feel like breaking into song!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Love this one Tyler, I too am better at the lyrics than the language! Sorry we didn't get to meet, you were not around when we stopped by, but there is next year.

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Daily Weather Update - THE MUSICAL - May, 2010

Great idea with the music Tyler. I still have too many months to go to start getting excited yet at over 7 but still read your reports daily !