We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
chicago, Il
11 posts
Save Topic
Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

I hope someone can help, my husband and I will be staying at Hotel Finisterra in Jan 2006 and I was wondering if the water at the hotel is safe to drink and do they desalinate and purify their water? Also, what about in downtown, is the water safe to drink there also. Can whales be seen in Jan? (10th thru 17th)

thanks

nancy

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

I've never heard of desalinating water in Mexico so maybe somebody else can answer that one.. are you talking about margarita's with no salt perhaps? Besides who drinks water in Mexico.. and yes; whale season begins in Jan.

But why is your post titled weather when you don't ask about it? Ok; I'll answer anyway.. cool in the evenings.. need a sweater or light coat and warms up by about 10am.. low 80's.. as high..

Checkout weather.com for more detailed info.. but they tend to be forecasting on the low side on the high side as of late..

Joe

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

Yes, the water at the hotel is safe to drink. The restaurants are safe too. I have never ordered a bottled water there---don't need to. If you worry alot about it you can get bottled but it is not neccesary IMO.

You will love the finisterra--Are you in the palapa section? You have the whale watchers bar there and you should be able to spot lots of whales. Its a great view from up there! Also ck. out the mens bathroom--built right into the rocks.

Weather should be mild--like the last post said, bring a sweater or sweatshirt for evenings!

Hvae Fun!

chicago, Il
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

oops!..sorry Joe, I really did mean to ask about the weather but I guess I got side tracked thinking about the water purification. Oh well :)

Yes, we will be staying in the Palapa section..is it nice?

nancy

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

Yes, the palapa section is nice. I asked because there is the old section that the rooms are quite--hmmm---old :-) and they seemed pretty small and dark. I looked in on one but have not stayed in the old section.

I think most every room in the Palapa has a ocean and pool view.

Hope you see some Whales!

chicago, Il
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

thanks for all your help!!! :-)

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

check out sunset from the whalewatchers bar as well.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help....What is weather like in Jan in Cabo San Lucas?

Friarsbay,

I think the water is fine but if you want to insure a degree of security the bottled water is readily available and not so much heres a spot to see the forcast and the historical averages. Buena Suerte.. jim

http://www.caboweather.com/