We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vouchers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vouchers

This is a reprint from a previous post.

Posted on: 6:58 pm, Nov 15, 2005

In preparation for a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, I came across a web site that advertised a program where I could save 35% on some of the costs of my trip. Things like day cruises, activities, dining and lodging. At places like bars, hotels, restaurants, sports activities and resorts.

I was initially wary. This looked like a scam if ever I saw one.

The way it worked was that you ordered these prepaid vouchers from a company in San Diego that these establishments had previously signed up for. You bought the specific voucher for the specific establishment for a specific amount. You paid 65% of the face value of the voucher. Then when you went to the business, you spent the vouchers the same as cash.

Of course, there are conditions and rules.

For instance. . . there is no change given on a voucher. If the bill at the restaurant is $43.00 and you use a fifty dollar voucher, you don’t get the difference.

Here are the rules as listed on the website for these vouchers:

1. Each Prepaid Voucher must be signed, by the authorized person or stamped, by the restaurant or business, and be serial numbered. This will be taken care of prior to you receiving the Vouchers.

This is something that happens before you get the vouchers, so you don’t really need to worry about it.

2. Prepaid Vouchers are valid for use at the business shown on the front side of each coupon.

3. Prepaid Vouchers must be presented before placing any order or making any hotel reservation. This helps speed up the process of paying the bill when you are ready to leave. Sometimes a new waiter may not know about the program and has to ask the manager. Please note that if you already have hotel reservations and have paid a deposit or paid the full rental amount you should not expect the hotel to accept our vouchers and give a refund of amounts paid to them. If you have only paid a cash deposit the hotel may accept the vouchers for the balance remaining. Pay close attention to number 3. Show the waiter the vouchers before you order. Even ask if they are accepted.

4. Prepaid Vouchers are valid for service provided and tax. Tips are not included. You just saved 35% so you can be generous with the tips.

5. These Prepaid Vouchers work just like cash or traveler's checks, but they have no cash value. They must be used in exchange only. They cannot be redeemed for cash at the participating business.

6. When the amount due is less than the value of the Prepaid Voucher, there will be no cash "change" for the difference. If the amount is larger than the Prepaid Voucher, the difference must be paid by the bearer in cash or credit card (if normally accepted by the business).

7. When used, bearer must sign each Prepaid Voucher on the reverse side. This is something that I never had to do.

Before you buy them, you have to decide how much you are going to spend at each place and then buy that much for that place.

You can return the unused vouchers for a refund of what you paid for them.

Again, there are rules for this.

Prepaid Voucher Program - Refund Policy

We are able to give a refund for any unused vouchers. To receive a refund the following terms and conditions apply and the vouchers must be returnd to our USA office.

1. Vouchers must be undamaged, in saleable condition and not signed on the back.

2. Vouchers must be returned within 30 days of your returning home from your trip, or no later than 90 days from the date of purchase.

3. A copy of the sales order or invoice must be included with the return.

4. Refunds are handled as quickly as possible but can take up to 7 working days to process.

5. Refunds are given in the manner in which payment was received.

6. Unused vouchers may also be exchanged for other vouchers for different participants.

NOTE: We do not suggest that you hold any unused vouchers for your next trip to Los Cabos. Our participants vary from month to month and your unused vouchers from this year may not be accepted next year if that business no longer participates in our program. If the vouchers are held longer than the 30 days after your return home from your trip or longer than 90 days from the date of purchase we may not be able to give a refund or exchange.

Where do you get these vouchers?

United States Office

Tyson Promotions

Los Cabos Magazine

7770 Regents Rd #113-387

San Diego, CA 92122

Phone: (858) 569-0172 or (858) 452-8332

Fax: (858) 777-3569

Email: info@loscabosguide.com

Cabo San Lucas Office

Promociones Tyson, S. A. de C. V.

Apartado Postal No. 342, Calle Flor de Pitaya

Lote 30, Mza. 7, Fracc. Jacarandas

Cabo San Lucas, B. C. S. CP 23410 México

Phone: (624) 143-1346 / Fax: (624) 143-2659

Fron USA or Canada dial: (011 52) first

Email: tyson@loscabosguide.com

They accept checks, money orders, American Express, Master Card, Visa, Discover Card or Pay Pal. But not Cash, unless you are buying them I person at either office. That is how I got mine, was at the office in Cabo after I arrived.

Obviously, I could not use them for my hotel because of the rules for their use. But I was staying at a timeshare resort that I own so these would not work anyway.

There are directions for how to get to the office in Cabo:

Cabos San Lucas Office Location - Directions and Map

Our offices are situated in the "Jacarandas" development, just outside of Cabo San Lucas, about 750 meters south of Mex 19. From Cabo San Lucas take MEX 19 out of town toward Todos Santos; at Km. #125.5, about 2 miles out of town, look for the Coca Cola warehouse on the left side of the highway; turn left onto a dirt road just before the warehouse; we are on the left side of the road in a 3 story building; the office is on the second floor. This new office will house the administration, sales and design departments. Our phone numbers and fax number will remain the same. It helps to call our office first to make sure someone be be there, rather than just stopping by.

Currently there is road construction in the area. The road to our main entrance may be closed. If the main road is closed, please use the back entrance as shown on this map. The back entrance is via a dirt road just past the crest of the hill by Cabo Hills Villas and the last dirt road to the left before the Tecate Warehouse.

Office hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 1 pm and 2:30 pm to 6 pm; Saturday 9 am to 1 pm or by appointment.

Los Cabos Magazine / Los Cabos Visitor's Guide

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico Office

Joseph A. Tyson, Publisher

Apartado Postal No. 342, Flor de Pitaya, Lote 30, Mza. 7,

Fracc. Jacarandas, Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., México 23410

Phone: (624) 143-1346 / Fax: (624) 143-2659 - (From U. S. A. dial 011 52 first)

Email: info@loscabosguide.com - Email: tyson@loscabosguide.com

Office hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 1 pm and 2:30 pm to 6 pm; Saturday 9 am to 1 pm or by appointment.

When I returned from my trip, I sent the remaining vouchers that I had not used to the office in San Diego in accordance with the rules for refund above, and within a week I got a check in the mail. I suppose that if I had taken them back to the office in

Cabo, they would have done the same, I don’t know.

Anyway, this is a great program, and we were able to do more while we were in Cabo because of this.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vouchers

Thank you for posting this. I was just telling my husband about this program this morning in preparation for our trip back in October. I would love to hear more from others who have used vouchers.

Gracias!

Colleen

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,445 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vouchers

I also just returned a few weeks ago and used the vouchers with absolutly no problems. I bought $700 worth for $455 and used every last one so I did not have to get any refunds. We mostly used ours for restaurants and bars. We also purchased a sunset cruise, The Tropicat.

I wished we had bought more! Next trip I will try to purchase all of our meals using these vouchers.

They are a great deal!

Sandy