We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February 06 Buses and Ferry , Cabo and La Paz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
2 posts
Save Topic
February 06 Buses and Ferry , Cabo and La Paz

We want to take a bus or rental car from Cabo to La Paz and then take the ferry to Mazatlan.

1. How long will the bus take? Suppose we will have to get a hotel in La Paz. Is it possible to leave a rental car parked at the ferry terminal for a few days. ?????

Or can we take the but to La Paz, buy the tickets and take a taxi to the terminal.

2. Can we purchase ferry tickets for the same day of travel? Not sure how to do that but will keep on researching. Any suggestions. I know that will take 18 hours.

I really can not find information on setting this all up. Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February 06 Buses and Ferry , Cabo and La Paz

First of all, here's the web site for the ferry: http://bajaferries.com.mx/english/...They have a contact link for most of your questions.

Bus, I believe is about 3 to 4 hrs and once you get there you will need to taxi to the ferry terminal.The bus runs hourly from San Jose starting around 715a, so depending on when you start you may or may not need a hotel.

Have Fun !!!

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: February 06 Buses and Ferry , Cabo and La Paz

why waste all that time on the water and not fish??? or sight see? Maybe better off to make it into two trips, one to each area.