We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help--need to book tomorrow!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help--need to book tomorrow!!

I ams urprising my boyfriend for his birthday. I need to know the following:

Can you swim in the ocean/sea at Cabo San Lucas? We will be staying at either the Royal Solaris or the Crowne Plaza - I need to know which hotel is a better pick for young couples-those are the only two I can afford-and can you swim with the dolphins there? Is it a long ride to the bars etc or is there enough "stuff" to do at night at these two hotels. Please help-desperate for info.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help--need to book tomorrow!!

You are going to be in San Jose not Cabo so the drive will be around 40 min. into the town of Cabo. Not lots of night life in SJ.

Dolphin thing isn't open yet. I don't know when it will be.

The town of SJ is really quaint and nice. Being young you would probably want to be in Cabo.

When are you going? You can't find anything in Cabo that is reasonable? Are you only wanting AI?

Hopefully someone has some more info for you.

:-)

Baltimore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help--need to book tomorrow!!

Blarneymo- We have stayed at CP a couple of times. The hotel is beautiful; however the ocean is not swimmable in my opinion (my husband always jumps in though)-just a bit rough for me. The hotel can also be very quiet but when we need to party we just go into Cabo which is about 25-30 min away. One suggestion, rent a veh, the cost of taxi rides are pretty expensive. As for RS, we did check it out (its right next door)but found that CP was a nicer hotel (its only about 4 yrs old) but RS did seem to be busier and louder (pool area). And I did hear about a new dolphin center opening, but I think that's in the Cabo??? Hope this helps!!!

chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help--need to book tomorrow!!

Thanks for your comments. Yes, we do want an all inclusive-budget constraints. If you know of any other great places, please let me know.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help--need to book tomorrow!!

blarneymo,

I think you are going to really regret not staying in Cabo. If you look on redweek.com or any timeshare rentals there are sooo many good deals. You could stay in town on the marina for less then $100 a night.Do a search on timeshare rentals/ Cabo San Lucas, you will be surprized what you will find. This is a good time of year---people want to just get their maint. fees covered and you can make an offer.

Your in your 20s?? You want night life? You are going to want to be in Cabo IMO.:-)

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help--need to book tomorrow!!

Tooley's absolutely right. You'll want to be in Cabo if you want the night life. Also, seriously consider other options, not AI. Dinners and drinks can be inexpensive in Cabo. You can get cabo coupons for free drinks with your dinners, a free pitcher of Margarita's at El Squid Roe, not to mention all the buy-one/get-one free deals (no coupons necessary). Breakfasts at Mar de Cortez can be $2.95 and up for a great "American Breakfast". Over the last two years, my friends and I found that we've saved money by skipping the AIs. If you're like me and want to watch the cash, investigate a little more. You may be surprised. Good Luck!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help--need to book tomorrow!!

christina,

I forgot about all the 2for1s and ladies night and your sooo right, you can eat cheap if you do your homework. Our favorite places are cheap. I hope your taking notes blarneymo! :-)

chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help--need to book tomorrow!!

Thanks again. Will look into it. We are going the first week of April. If we do decide to go to the Crowne Plaza or Royal Solaris does anyone know if one hotel is more for families? We would like to be with more adults than children. I have heard that the Royal Solaris has a waterpark and maybe that would attract more families with kids.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help--need to book tomorrow!!

Put each hotel in the search box and you will come up with all kinds of info.Also under the hotel list it will give you all the reviews. :-)