We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing near RIU?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, BC
13 posts
Save Topic
Surfing near RIU?

Staying at the RIU Feb7-14 and hoping to do some surfing. Any chance of finding rideable waves within walking distance of the hotel, or am I going to have to bus it to the west side of the peninsula? And if so, am I going to be able to lug my board on the bus? Any info would be appreciated.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing near RIU?

The only surfing is at the East Cape or near Todo Santos, your board will fit on the bus with all of the chickens. (Just kidding) I don't see why you could not lay it on the floor. Very small waves near the RIU.

Vancouver, BC
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing near RIU?

How long is the bus ride around to Todos Santos? Anyone know of any other breaks along the way and reachable via the bus? Would rather not lash out on a rental car if I don't need to.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing near RIU?

Todos Santos is 60 Km from Cabo, about a hour drive by car, do not know by bus.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
588 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing near RIU?

You could check with Costa Azul Surf Shop, they may have info on trips to areas around Todos. They have a website I think you can contact them on. Baja Wild is another. Maybe you can get advice so you can keep it as independent as you want. Good luck.