We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

These reviews are classic of people whos expectations are really high and shouldn't be.. THIS IS MEXICO PEOPLE!!

Okay; your floors weren't swept adequately.. A) Leave a tip B) Don't mess it up! ..

Camera stolen.. everyone knows that stuff is lifted from rooms by cleaning people.. HIDE IT! or get the key to the safe.. so they ran out of keys (which is scary cuz it tells me that the keys are all the same)... then hide your valuables.. or take them with.. Its really not hard to hide things.. also; I just simply do not have my room cleaned.. hang the thing that says do not clean and keep things clean.. its not that big of a deal.. you can go get towels from the front desk.. or just use them a few times.. are you THAT dirty after you are out of the shower? Hang em up and reuse them! And if your sheets are dirty.. sounds like you are having fun! But take em to the front desk and have them replaced.. its not worth the risk of having stuff stolen.. and this will happen ANYWHERE. And does.

All the other stuff is just picky want too much from Mexico stuff.. AI's have marginal food... thats the way it is.. B fast isn't usually too bad... and I usually drink my lunch ;)... go into town for dinner if you get sick of the AI food.

Yeesh people.. this is MEXICO.. If you made like $100 a week wouldn't you grab a $500 camera? I would.. hell yeah.. leave a nice tip if you really want to have your room cleaned.. or just bring stuff you won't have a hernia about losing.. by a cheap digital.. or a really small one and take it with..

I don't know what else to say.. I guess I would be a little bumbed if the pools were cold.. I would ask for them to check it.. and I bet they would.. They may have just refilled or added a bunch of water.. or something.. I dunno.. that would bother me though.. there will always be something you don't like..(I'd walk down the beach to another hotel and use their damn pool) just try to enjoy the rest.. I can't believe people let these little things ruin their vacations like those last two reviews seemed to indicate.. yeeesh!

j

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,442 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

While I agree that you should not leave valuables lying about (yes, use the little safe) I will add that many resorts have very strict regulations for the staff, and those make it almost impossible for them to even consider taking anything from the rooms. My rule of thumb, don't leave anything out you can't afford to loose, no matter where you are vacationing. Sometimes the temptation is just more that can be handled by the staff-in any country. This is not something that only happens in Mexico! It can happen right here at home.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

Jprinz,

you are correct. Attitude is everything. Some of us have expectation levels that are unrealistic. some stuff isnt going to be perfect. big deal. thats not what Baja is all about. i think in many ways the people who go to the AIs miss a lot of what this place is all about though i have stayed at AIs in other places myself and understand their appeal. I also agree with my amiga KatD. Common sense is the rule. thats not so much to ask. Buena Suerte... jim

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

It would also help if the poster doesn't have a bug up their....... Did I say that outloud?!?!?! Parman

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

Whenever you feel like getting cranky about things being "different" in Cabo than wherever you are from...

grab a cerveza, lay back on a lounge chair, and remember...you could be at work ;-)

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

I amen vacationdog.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

KatD.. the reviewer said the hotel was out of keys.. I don't think I suggested leaving things "lying about".. I specifically said HIDE THEM if you can't get a key.

Vacationdog.. I wholeheartedly agree..

I noticed people asking about bad reviews of Riu and thats why I posted.. its not Riu its all of Cabo and mexico.. and thats the way it is.. it ain't Disneyland!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

The original poster says: "If you made like $100 a week wouldn't you grab a $500 camera? I would.. hell yeah.. I take exception to the implication that anyone in Mexico would do this. The vast majority of the folks that work at these resorts are very honest, hard working, law abiding citizens that would never steal a thing. I'd like to think that if I were in that situation, I wouldn't either.

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

Have to agree with you, eljefe.....

Nobody goes on vacation "expecting" to get stolen from, but it does happen.....it doesn't matter what country you are in....US included.

Be responsible, and it will lessen your chances of being ripped off.

Never take anything on vacation with you that is "invaluable"....ok....except your spouse and children. Then again.....

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

Eljefe: You really ought to go work for the liberal media if you don't already.. they are really good (like you) at twisting statments around to make them sound horrible.. Nice job!

Reality is; that a PERCENTAGE of the workers in Mexico will indeed take the $500 camera.. and if you didn't know thats what I meant I guess you do now..

And Lisa.. if you go to Mexico NOT expecting to have something stolen that you leave out.. well.. good luck to you.. definately leave your valuables at home as you suggest..

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last two horrible reviews of Rio Palace Cabo in the reviews...

Lisa ~ think if I take my spouse to Cabo someone would steal him...? ;-)