We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
10 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

I am planning a Honeymoon in October 2005. I have been looking at Cabo San Lucas, and have looked at many hotels.

I want something fairly close to downtown, a nice resort/hotel, excellent spa, big pools. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay at??

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

Take a look at Playa Grande. It seems that it would offer everything you are looking for. Earth, Sea & Sky is one of the companies that sell it. (not a swimming beach)

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

If money was not an issue the Palmilla is the place to stay. Otherwise I just returned from the Riu Palace and I'd bet by October this place will be perfect. The full suites have jacuzzis on a second floor.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

Also, as I was reminded in another post, look at the Roca Suites at Solmar! They are fantastic! Close to town (short walk) good food, 3 pools-and the spa is just a short walk away at Playa Grande.

California
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

The Palmilla is by far the nicest but it is not near downtown Cabo.

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

The One and Only Palmilla is definitely a world class resort with the prices which go with this. If cost is not an issue, you want beautiful suites, great service, great golfing and are happy to stay in your resort at a distance from Cabo you can do no better.

MA
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

KatD, Ive read about noise and alot of renovations going on at Playa Grande. Do you know when these renovations will be completed?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

Not really renovations-they are still building! It is a new resort, and now they are adding villas on the hill between town and the resort! If you stay in the buildings close to the ocean it is quiet. We were just there in early Dec., and were not even aware of noise at that time. They were still digging down into the rocks to anchor the buildings! It would be noise near the lobby I would think. It will be another year I would guess, but they are actually going up guite quickly-so could be wrong. They are talking about making the old lobby into a sports bar and putting a coffee house in what was the turn around in front of it. We have been there several times while the construction was in progress, but were never truly annoyed by it. We knew what was going on, and just rolled with it. This last time was definitely quieter though. It is truly a lovely resort. If you haven't seen it, they are getting their web pages into pretty good shape.

MA
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

You know alot on this hotel, do you have a time share there?? I read at another post, you had mentioned this resort is more for the older "set", is that so?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

yes-I do. Have watched it grow from an empty place on the beach.

Most folks seem to be 40-50ish, but I am no judge of age. There are some young couples, and some elderly, and even a few w/small children-so it's a good mix. It is quite large, and the active set seems to hang by the pool w/the swim up bar. The pools are large, and plentiful, so there is something for everyone. Two restaurants thus far-the spa is lovely, but pricy, the lobby is huge, and lovely-with a bar there also. They should have the walkway completed soon, that will take you right to the Galleon, and that is just about in town. There is some sort of little golf course suppose to be going in-tennis is already going...the rooms are lovely! All tile and marble-huge tub! It is really very lovely. Any questions or help, just ask. We have gotten to know a lot of the staff, so can usually find out most anything-or at least can give it a try.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas - Where to Stay?

p.s.-doesn't seem to be a real party place-but it's close to town-so we see a LOT of folks heading that way each evening!