We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
south haven...
5 posts
Save Topic
HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

Hi, my husband and I are going away for a long deserved vacation. we have a set of twins 10 months old. anyways Iam looking for a good all inclusive resort on the beach for swimming. or and very nice resort for a good price. we dont really want to spend over 2,500 with air from chicago for all inclusive. or 2,200 for a very nice resort. 7 days. I hear how if your stay at a nice resort thats not all incl. you go broke paying for your meals and drinks. Then i hear that all incl. you get sick from the food. Is there alot of resturants along the corridor? or is it mostly desert? when we went to cancun eveything you needed was right on the strip very close by. is it like that in cabo too. also how is the snorkeling? and the resturants in cabo are they expensive because of it being a tourist destination? also is there a walmart? we stocked up on snacks and water at the walmart in cancun and saved$ please help quickly must book trip with in two days. thanks

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

bangorprincess,

Is that $2500 total or per person? I don't think you are going to find anything for $2500. I have a travel website, and I did some looking around...and unfortunately, Cabo isn't cheap. It's roughly $1600 pp to stay at the Comfort Suites.....if that tells you anything.

This is probably partly because of short notice and partly because you are traveling over Thanksgiving.....holidays are always more expensive for travel.

Another option you might want to consider is to book your flight & resort separate....then try to do one of the timeshare presentations....you can usually get a pretty good deal if you're willing to sit through a 2 hour session. Cabo is not one of the places I'm familiar with, but the other people in this forum know which places you can get these deals....so just ask.

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

bangorprincess,

Just checked one more place....

Here's some prices

Marina Fiesta $1242 pp

Villa Del Palmar $1,352 pp

Presidente Intercontinental (AI) $1,553 pp

you can check out these resorts on this website and read the reviews...you can also ask the forum for advice....but those are the best deals I could find for anyplace I would consider.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
954 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

BP ... just returned Wed late from Cabo. We had to change at the last minute from Punta Cana (Hurricane Alpha) and ended up at the RIU Cabo. It was approx. 2300 for the resort and we got our own air on United out of Chicago (but had to change planes in Denver which was a right hassle on the return due to immigration and then having to go through security again for our next flight). Would not ever due it again. We LOVED the resort RIU - but we are early 40s couple with no kids. I do not believe it to be the best choice for kids. For instance, only 3x6 ft. kiddie pool - and the large pool was ice cold. Our room had only a king bed. The beach is definately not good there for swimming. Very strong currents and breaks. The food at the RIU was great and we did not get sick from it. I did get sick from the jelly fish stings I got at the snorkling area - Lovers Beach. The corridor runs between Cabo and San Jose. It's a VERY LONG and difficult (traffic) drive between the two. It took 45 minutes from San Jose airport to RIU Cabo. There are lots of restaurants in Cabo town - some affordable and some VERY upscale. I'd bet down the side streets are some good finds but we were not looking as the food at RIU was fantastic. There is a Costco there (did not see a Walmart) and a few large Supermercados on the drive between San Jose and Cabo - but you would need a rental car. Unless you are very brave - I would not drive in the area. It's very conjested and the side roads along the highway seem confusing (at least around the RIU). Cabo is VERY different from Cancun - research it well or you may be disappointed. We found it to be GORGEOUS and truly enjoyed our vacation as adults. I do prefer Riviera Maya hands down but was glad to try Cabo once.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

You are also running into heavier than ususal crowds since most of the cancun places are closed. That along with the Thansgiving holiday are pushing all the prices up.

Food in Cabo can be cheap; but a lot of places charge about the same as in Seattle or most of the US.

You might try calling your local travel agent and see if she can help. Good luck!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,448 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

I second the advice to call you local travel agent. The time period is going to make it very difficult, both for space and price, but a good agent will be able to check a multitude of options for you. I would suggest you look at Trapper3's restaurant list, which you should be able to locate with the search bar. You can eat at any price range. You can also order on-line discount coupons. Check www.loscabosguide.com for that info, as well as other good ideas. There is a costco, but you must be a member. There are other decent markets also. Most resorts have a good purification system, so the water is potable.

Good luck! It's a wonderful place!

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

You can go to City Club and LOOK around without paying. You only pay the $1 day membership fee IF you buy something. Also, you can buy alcohol and prescription drugs wtihout buying a day membership.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

Look at www.vrbo.com it is rentals listed by owners. I would recommend Marina Sol, short walk to the beach, short walk to restaurants and grocery store and will have a kitchen. You may also want to look at Terrasol. Do a restaurant search and find Trappers list. Since this is your first trip to Cabo I would recommend going to a travel agent after you have done your research, don't know if there are any travel agents in Michigan that know much about Cabo. KatD seems to be the most knowledgeable agent by far, possibly she could book something for you.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

Check on www.skyauction.com

Right now they have at least one resort that is available for your Nov. 19th checkin. It's the first listing under Mexico, the one that has "bid on over 3700 properties." It's item 1072949. The price you pay will be $199.00 plus the amount of the bid. If you click on "details" after you fill in your date of arrival, it will tell you what the all inclusive fees are.

I know nothing of the resort except that it's right on the marina and within close walking distance of everything.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

Just looked at it again. It's for Costa Real and you can choose a studio unit, hotelunit, or one bedroom with separate living room unit for your check-in date. The all inclusive is an additional $50.00 per person per day, due at checkin. The current bid is $64.00, and you'd have to add $199.00 to that. It would definitely be within your price range.

Wine Country
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP PLEASE leaving on 11/19 and need help with...

Dreams is supposed to be another great all inclusive (4*s). They have a seperate kids pool and kids club. It cost us 2234 w/ flight and hotel (drinks, meals, room service, and a few activities)on Travelocity. The resort was marked 25% off. You might want to check that out. We are going Nov. 26- Dec. 3.