We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

Hi all. I know this question should be posed on the Todos Santos

Forum which I have but there is very little activity on that forum so

asking you. Does anyone have any information on the new hotel

called Hacienda Cerritos which is build on the point on the north

end of Cerritos Beach? It calls itself a "luxury boutique hotel" and

is rather expensive. The web site looks beautiful but I can find no information or reviews of this property beyond their web page.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,592 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

Hi Jkboulder........I bumped this up I hope someone can give you a first hand review. I just got back from Cabo. I had planned to go to this resort for dinner and check it out. (Plans of mice and men) I never made it. Im sure someone will chime in. Good Luck

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

I don't know either but feel it deserved another bump for the morning posters

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

Thank you for the bump! We passed this hotel which was originally suppose

to be a home last November while driving to Todos Santos. It is an amazing

structure which sits high on the point. The views must be spectacular.

The web site shows the property as very amazing - even a helipad for

helicopters---- don't I wish!!! I hope someone can give me some info.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

We stopped at Cerritos Beach in October when we were in Cabo and spent most of the afternoon there. The view from the hotel is absolutely gorgeous. When we asked about a room I think they said something like $350 a night for the cheap seats. We are going back for a day in February and I want to check out the hotel (which actually started out as the owners house) and also the condo's they are building.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

Please report back!

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

I was just there last week and also looking for information on this place to possible do a wedding. Its amazing looking hotel from the beach, but not many people on the beach knew much about it. Tried to go up to the hotel, but guy at beach entrance turned my away...So I'm guessing this is crazy expensive. But what I found is 250 a night off season on the cheap rooms.

PDX
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

I know all about Hacienda Cerritos. Where do I start? It's a brand new structure made of cylinder blocks with cement. The rooms have no heating or air conditioning so its easy to get hot and or cold depending what time of year it is. The rooms have cheap beading, something you would find at a hotel 8 or something on that level. One can only imagine what kind of mattress they use! The whole hotel runs on a diesel generator, and it's not on 24 hours due to the expense of operation. The water is brought in and filled in big tanks, its not treated so don't even brush your teeth with it. Your lucky if the hot water works. The water pressure is not very good. The rooms are spacious and they have nice tall ceilings. There are ceiling fans in the room. If you leave your door open mice can get into your room. There is no TV's, no internet so don't bring your computers. Some rooms have little refrigerators so you can keep your items cold. There is security for safety so that is a plus. As far as the price per night I would not pay anything more than $200.00 a night if that. If you need any other information just let me know.

cabo
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

Wow, I was curious too. Sounds like I´ll just continue enjoying the exterior view from my table at Cerritos Beach Club. It is a beautiful building.

Many places in Baja (outside of the cities) are "off the grid", so diesel generators and trucked in water are pretty much the norm. That water usually comes from a desalinization plant and is then run through filters. I wouldn´t necessarily drink it, but I wouldn´t worry about showering and brushing your teeth. I don´t know anywhere in Cabo that has heating, but when you´re off the grid, AC and internet costs are prohibitively expensive. Even ON the grid, I can´t believe my AC bills down here :)

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

Shenke have you stayed here?

PDX
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Hacienda Cerritos

Hey There!!

Just to Clear up the water confusion, it actually gets pumped right out of a spring from the ground and it is not treated and it smells funny. When I filled a glass up with it , you can see little green organisims or somthing in it. So I would not drink it. Actually the cost to run The Heat/AC would have no barring on the cost of electricity expesially comming form a generator. When the generator is running it runs at full capacity and can handle it without additional costs. The Key thing is that this is supposed to be a luxery resort or Hotel, and its just not so. It's nice, don't get me wrong but I would rather stay in Todos santos any day then staying there!!!

Get answers to your questions about Cabo San Lucas