We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are the swimmable beaches?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
552 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Where are the swimmable beaches?

What part of the Cabo area has beaches you can swim in, I hear the Pacific side is pretty rough?

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where are the swimmable beaches?

In Cabo San Lucas proper, Medano beach is the place ~ along with Lovers Beach across the bay. Down the Corridor is Chileano and Santa Maria...both good snorkeling spots (as is Lovers Beach).

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,791 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Santa Maria Beach
Santa Maria Beach
1,120 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
552 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where are the swimmable beaches?

Any suggestions of good resorts on Medano Beach?

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,791 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where are the swimmable beaches?

The Melia is the "party resort." The Pueblo Bonito Rose is very nice, too.

Mentioned in this post
Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort & Spa
Pueblo Bonito Rose...
5,104 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where are the swimmable beaches?

The Melia San Lucas is a fair deal for the price. Not 5 star but it has been my choice twice. It is about 100 yards from the Office. We seemed to have missed the party atmosphere and really enjoyed it. The first time we got Garden View. Turns out it still had an ocean view (all rooms do) and we were on the ground level just a grassy strip from the pool. It is on the edge of town in a very good location. Not too noisy, but you can still walk downtown.

Mentioned in this post
The Office
The Office
6,276 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5. Re: Where are the swimmable beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 pm, January 14, 2006
Olympia, WA
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where are the swimmable beaches?

Katie, the Costa Real is on the marina a relatively short distance to Medano Beach. They used to provide a complimentary water taxi to Medano Beach, but I'm not sure if they still do. Any others know?

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,791 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Houston
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where are the swimmable beaches?

Just got back a couple of days ago.... in my opinion, it depends on what type of atmosphere you're looking for. If you're looking for a busy beach with lots of action, and lots of restaurants on it, then go to Medano. However, it is not very pretty, and the line of vendors standing just beyond the yellow rope staring at me and yelling at me to come and buy stuff really made me uncomfortable. They do have watersport rentals, and there is a beautiful view of the arch (where Lover's Beach is.)

If you're wanting some privacy and just beautiful beach and water, our favorites were Santa Maria, which over to the right by the rocks has beautiful soft sand (really finely-ground rocks) and light green-blue water surrounded by huge beautiful boulders and has good snorkeling. It did get a little busy during the day with day-trip boats coming in to snorkel, but they did not bother us. Take your own stuff, though...no food or drink for sale. They do have snorkeling equipment for rent and for sale down under a tent on one end. Our favorite was over by Chileno Bay. We walked over a couple of hills and found a completely deserted two beaches to spend our day on. We maybe saw 2 other couples come over by us but otherwise we were alone and the scenery was absolutely gorgeous! I was also told that the beach out around the One&Only Palmilla resort is beautiful but we didn't make it there. If you have any specific questions feel free to email me (jlpsmp@yahoo.com). My husband and I did quite a bit of exploring.

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,791 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Santa Maria Beach
Santa Maria Beach
1,120 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Chileno Beach
Chileno Beach
2,352 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
8. Re: Where are the swimmable beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 pm, January 14, 2006