We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Room Recomendations

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
bro
toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Topic
Riu Room Recomendations

Heading to the Riu on Feb. 2/05 with the family and have reserved a Junior Suite. Any info on which room numbers or hotel locations that provide the best views, the most quiet and close proximity to the elevators. Any other tips are welcomed.

California
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Riu Room Recomendations

The stairs to the lobby and beach are another story, very steep and all marble...they get wet from rain or people tracking wet feet on them and watch out....

bro
toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Riu Room Recomendations

Thanks for the room info-excuse my ignorance, as I have only begun to do some research, but what is el Archo?

California
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Riu Room Recomendations

El ARCO is at Lands End, the tip of Baja, and you can look thru the Arco to the Pacific while you are in the Sea of Cortez... It is also near Playa del Amor, Lovers Beach. You can snorkel on the Sea side but do not swim in the Pacific side. Its only a short boat ride from the Riu

madison, AL
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Riu Room Recomendations

We were in Rm 1069. It was ground floor overlooking the garden. As you are looking at the RIU from the road, it was on the right side. There was still some minor construction going on, so you coulnd'ny sleep late. It wasn't the greatest room, but we really didn't stay in the room much. Even the ocean view rooms are really only partially ocean view. It is not like Florida, where the rooms are directly on the beach. We met some people who had a hot tub junior suite, Rm 4090, and that was awesome. It will be extra, but worth it in my opinion. Upon arrival, just leave your luggage in the lobby area, and go check out the room...if you don't like it, they will change it. Have fun, it is a very nice place.