We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare Free Offers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
12 posts
Save Topic
Timeshare Free Offers

My husband and I and kids (ages 7 and 5) are traveling to Cabo in mid January. We are staying at the Hacienda Del Mar. I have read many posts about all of these timeshare people trying to get you to come and visit their resort in exchange for some free things. My question is: which places offer the best freebies and are the ones we should do? We would love to get a free car for the week! We don't mind spending some time at a nice place if it is worth our time. Recommendations?

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Timeshare Free Offers

Nothing in the world of Time Share is FREE... decide how much your valuable vacation time is worth. If it is worth it for you to be brow beaten into submission, sure, sign on. If your vacation time is valuable do your due diligence and find a great deal on a rental car. If money is really an object take the bus.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Timeshare Free Offers

The representative for Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach was working the Avis site for picking up cars when we were there. We got $100.00 to apply to the Avis car rental (our total bill was $150.00 for the week, so that made the car rental pretty cheap, though not free),

2 dinners at any Pueblo Bonito restaurant and 2 glass bottom boat rides. The presentation wasn't too bad--and the breakfast was good and used up some of the presentation time.

I'd second the stay away from Mayan Palace advice. We did it, and managed to escape, but I saw one woman in tears trying to get them to call her a cab to get away and trying to give back the "gifts" that had given her if they would just call her a cab. Pretty bad!

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Timeshare Free Offers

we did one on the point opposite the arch(across bay) we were interested but we always take a day to think about it. The gingo followed us out to the car bad mouthing us and saying we were never interested when in fact we were at that time but it sure changed our mind fast. Alot of people let them know up front that they are there to look but won't buy. If ever a next time I will approach that way and if interested will contact them afterwards and not even express my interest.

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
445 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Timeshare Free Offers

Just to let you know....you can get some really great rental car deals on priceline....I do all of mine that way. They only use the "main" rental agencies....none of the "rent-a-wreck" companies. Might be worth it rather than using your valuable vacation time.

Minnesota
12 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Timeshare Free Offers

Priceline sounds like a great place to start. All of the other things I've seen, seem so high that I may just bus it all week!

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Timeshare Free Offers

Our economy car for the whole week from Avis was $150.00, including everything. That's not very high--and the timeshare tour left us with only $50.00 to pay. The Avis quotes include the required 3rd party liability, and we used our credit card coverage for the rest of the insurance, so $150.00 was the total before the $100.00 credit.