We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI w/ teen girls

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
AI w/ teen girls

I am interested in a Cabo Area AI place for my family for spring break any 5 nights (negotiable based on price) between 3/27 - 4/4. I have 2 teen girls 14 and 16. The requirements are:

1) a really good beach - I have heard sometime cabo doesn't have the best beaches???

2) other teens around - but not a real party/spring break crowd

2) ideally w/ snorkeling, kayaking, etc. - lots of things to do

Of course decent food, clean, etc.....

What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Jon

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,255 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: AI w/ teen girls

The resort close to Cabo is the RIU Palace or Santa Fe. The Beach water can be rough with rip tides and quick drop offs. The pools are excellent there.

Some other Resorts with good AI reps are Dreams, Cabo melia real and the Hilton. The Cabo Melia Real and Hilton have a protected cove that is swimmable.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: AI w/ teen girls

The more I read the forums, the more I get nervous about the swiming there....how are the beaches up towards San Jose del Cabo? I am ok trading off a little night life for a better beach/swimming....I would also want to Kayak/maybe snorkel, etc....

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,547 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: AI w/ teen girls

The only AI properties in Cabo are the Rius and they are 2 miles from town. The others are located in San Jose and on the corridor. I think there is a swimmable cove near Dreams.

Do you have to go AI? There are lots of great resorts right on Medano beach which is the main beach in Cabo and usually safe for swimming.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: AI w/ teen girls

You can also check out Villa del Arco which is on Medano Beach, which is swimmable.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,195 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: AI w/ teen girls

When I go to Cabo in the spring - I stick to pools. The beach water is too cold for me. But in the fall the water is nice and warm so that's when I go swimming at Medano Beach.

northwest
Level Contributor
555 posts
6. Re: AI w/ teen girls

Hi, did you look at the Melia Cabo Real on the corridor?

They have a swim area that you can snorkel in.

Spring break teens are at the resort .

Nice pool w/ swim up bar.

Great food.

Wave runner rental.

And much more.

Mike

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
7. Re: AI w/ teen girls

The best AI resort for your needs is the Melia Cabo Real on the Corridor. Very swimmable beach, jet skis, zip lines, beach volleyball, horseback riding, kayaking, ultralight flights, snorkeling from the shore and none of the wild, drunken, craziness of Cabo San Lucas during Spring Break.

8. Re: AI w/ teen girls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 21, 2010