We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globequest Travel Club

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Globequest Travel Club

Hi... I bought the Globequest Travel Club membership yesterday. I bought the membership for $13400 for 3 home resort wks (2bd,3bth) and 3 world resort (2bd,3bth) and a priority pass, access card, 3 vacation certificates (7days each), $499 canival cruise deal for 7days (platinum member) for 28yrs. 20% down on my visa card and 60 month payment with 9% interest came to about $235 per month. I have 4 days left to cancel it.

I think I've got good deal but not so sure....They said it's end of the year and that's why they are giving away so much... but you can't really trust what salesperson says or can you?

I bought this because I come to Los Cabos often for vacations. And they seemed to own many resorts here in Los Cabos. ( I didn't personally check it out....it was all according to them ) And I was told that the Club owner is the owner of Corona beer company. Apparently he owns the airport here in Los Cabos too??

I don't know if it's all true?? Now that I'm back in my hotel room...

I'm having buyer's remorse.... uh.... Did I get a good deal... and did I pick the right vacation club???

Globequest travel club seemed leget and all good at the time of buying.

But I'm not so sure now after reading few people's reviews....

It's just that there are not that many members to this club and not enough reviews about them have me worried now.

Should I cancel it and lose my deposit or Did I do good buying this?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,767 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Many tourists end up buying a timeshare deal thru the builder/Resort staff. What we always find out is that we could have a similar deal at 1/3 the price or less had we purchased a resale from a previous owner or thru a resale company. Look at www.redweek.com and you will see lots of timeshares for sale. And just like buying a Home these listed prices are where the negotiations start, The actual price you pay will be lower than what they ask. If I could get out of the deal I would. I own a couple of timeshares and I love having them. If you can get out of the deal put that money into a resale timeshare, or simply rent a timeshare in a nice resort when you go on vacation.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,301 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Globequest Travel Club

You can also check out holidaygroup.com for a good idea of what you can get resales for. We ususally pay about .10 on the dollar of what paying from the developer would cost. I have never heard of Globequest? Hopefully someone who has will see this. Just as an example a 1 bed/2 bath at Playa Grande with at least 25 years left on the contract usually sell for under $3000.

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Globequest Travel Club

You should ask this same question on www.tug2.net

Lots of good info on there.

Edited: 7:15 pm, December 16, 2009
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Maru, I have no personal experience with this company, but did a google search for this outfit and found the same forum that you did (not this one) that had some discussion about good and bad experiences with this company. While I seriously doubt that they own all the properties that they claim (the Hilton for instance), there are many companies that have affiliations with various resorts and offer discount prices. I hope this works out for you.

Seattle
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Thank you so much for your replies. I didn't know I could buy timeshares from previous owners.

What I bought was a discount travel club, not a timeshare.

Annual membership fee is $149 dollars. No maintenance fee.

But I do have to pay to stay at home resorts or world resorts.

Usually half the price of what you would find through expedia.com

plus air ticket and auto rental discounts according to them. should be better then web search prices.

I just don't know.... Is this good deal?

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Keep in mind, everything sounds great untill it's time to use your purchase. Lots of promises are made to get you to buy their product, it's only when you go to use it, that you find out it's not what you thought it was. I'd cancel, go home and do more research.

Edited: 12:35 am, December 17, 2009
Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,301 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Who did you buy this from and what is the total cost per week for you to vacation including purchase price, membership fee and the extra fees? Once you know your per week cost, then you can decide if it is a good deal. Also how easy is it to reserve a week in the resort of your choice?

Seattle
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Globequest Travel Club

IMO - If you are having remorse, see if you are still within your cancellation period and cancel.

If this is the same presentation that we went to in October (and it sounds like it is - cant remember the name of the vacation group but it wasnt timeshare and was held at the ME Resort), they offered it to us for around $2400. when I started asking too many questions and indicating that i was going to research, they got extremely rude and more or less threw us out of the place.

Portland OR
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Globequest Travel Club

I think we encountered the same sales team as you. The initial contact was at the Budget car rental stand at the airport, and the sales location was at the marina in San Jose del Cabo.

We also purchased a membership and have the same concerns that you do. They used pressure sales techniques and made extraordinary claims about the parent company - GlobeQuest. In retrospect, it all looks very fishy.

I did my own web search, and GlobeQuest does seem to exist and may even be legitimate. I'm uncomfortable with the sales experience we had and intend to rescind our membership immediately. We were there only one day ahead of you! If you do proceed with rescission, I would be very interested in continuing this discussion so that we can find out what their tactics are and how to respond.

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Globequest Travel Club

From what I've read, when you go to rescind they will NOT make it very easy for you. They will intimidate you,be rude to you,bully you and then sweeten the deal, just so you don't rescind. Be strong, stick to your guns and RESCIND.