We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Temecula, CA
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trip report

Went down 10/15-10/19. Stayed at Marina Fiesta Resort. They may not have the finest service but the location is too good to be true. At first we were not so happy with our ground floor room as the patio has no separation wall and you are virtually 5 feet away from people sitting at the pool. I kind of felt like I was in a fish bowl and asked for another room to no avail. After the second day the "Baja Spirit" took over and we were good with the room. We were able to walk everywhere from here and did. Very convenient. Did not try much new in the way of restaurants except for Amarone which is pretty cool with old Italian movies playing on a big screen and good food and excellent service. Experienced the real part of Cabo when I walked to Dominoes in town one night. All the locals must really like Dominoes as they were booming. Finally did the nightlife scene as we went to sleep early our first night and woke up at midnight wide awake and went to Squid Roe. We could actually hear the partying from our patio. It was good for people watching and the music was loud but good. We stayed for 2 drinks and walked on back. Fishing was great we boated 6 Dorado with Solmar and had a great time with Armando and Pepe. No Marlin but followed one throwing live bait for an hour. He just wasn't hungry. Saw a couple schools of dolphins and a sea tortise. Also had a celebrity sighting...Jack Nicholson popping a beer at 6:30 am in front of the Solmar docks.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report

Sorry to burst your bubble, there is a local in town that could be Jack Nicholson's double. I fall for it each time I see him.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report

momoteens,

Sounds like you had the real "Cabo Spirit" and had a great time. Its so funny that you mentioned Dominos as a local favorite. We asked our local friends one time, " Where do you want to go for dinner. We will take you anywhere---guess where they wanted to go---Dominos!, and they like it with mayonaise all over it! I refuse to try it!

Glad you had a great time!!

Temecula, CA
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report

Tooley,

It was pretty funny. They gave us a bunch of junk to put on it and mayo and some sort of jalapeno jelly were in the bag, no thanks, I'll take my pizza just the way I do at home. It was funny how I ended up there. I asked for a recommendation and a local guy told me in the Tower on the Marina, but when I went they had no pizza place. They were rennovating and building so much, probably have a lot of things that come and go.