We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Barriles

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
428 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Los Barriles

This is our next destination, an alternative to overcrowded Cabo. We don't know much about it other than it is about what Cabo was back in the day.

If you've been there, we would love some input.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,334 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Barriles

Have only visited, but my best friend is going to be going into business there in the near future, and I would be able to get info for you from her. Let me know what you are looking for. It is definitely nothing like Cabo-mostly a small village that is popular for fishing. Let me know your questions.

K

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,334 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Barriles

If you didn't like Todos Santos, you may not find Los Barriles to be to your liking. It's smaller, much less shopping, restaurants, etc.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Barriles

Been there twice and going again in July. Very small town with just a few restaurants and taco stands, no night life at all. The beach is very nice, calm and uncrowded. The main resort there is Palmas de Cortez. It is mainly a fishing resort but has a nice pool with swimup bar. You can also rent wave runners and atv's at Palmas. I have never stayed there but booked fishing and used their pool, very nice people, ask for Herman if you are interested in fishing. I also enjoy surf fishing in this area.

I have only stayed at the Mar y Sol condos $100/night for 1 bedroom with a/c, shared pool and ocean front. We have a cook, (Norma), come by every other night. For more info go to www.abajavacation.com. I had very good meals at Tio Pablos. There is a nice grocery store for all your needs. Los Barriles does follow some law that prohibits alcohol sales on Sundays, I think that it was from 4:00 p.m. on, so buy extra on Saturday.

The only problem I had was that the guys at the Premex station did not want to sell gas to gringos. I'm sure that I could have forced them but I would rather not give them my money. You might want to top off your tank on the way there. The last time I was there was Aug 03, so this might no longer be a problem.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,334 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Barriles

I have a web page that will be up and running soon, to recommend, should anyone be looking for someone to take them out after "the Big Fish"..........let me know if you are interested!