We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Cabo!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
4 posts
Save Topic
New to Cabo!

I've got a group of about 15 people (about 25 yrs. old) that want to go on a trip...suggestions for reasonably-priced all inclusives in Cabo where we can be on a nice beach, find nightlife, do fun excursions, etc?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,335 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Cabo!

I think I would suggest the Riu for starters. Also, Finisterra has an AI package that they occasionally offer it seems. Both are fairly close to town, and while swimming beaches are not avail. the pools are great!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Cabo!

plattmi1,

None of the AI are within short walking distance to town so you have to decide if you guys want to worry about transportation or not. If you really want AI, then the Riu will be the closest to town. If you want to be right in the action and within walking distance and location matters then Melia San Lucas might be a place you would want to ck. out. It would be alot cheaper and then you can eat when and where you want. Its not new like the Riu and probably more basic rooms.

Or the PB Rose- Blanca would be a step up but not as many in your age group.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Cabo!

KatD--I didn't know Finisterra has AI.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,335 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Cabo!

Tooley-it's occasionally an option with some of the tour operators.......I have never sold it as such though, so don't know what exactly is offered. You know me-I would rather eat when and where I want ;-)

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Cabo!

Also the Costa Real, the old Plaza Not Glorias, is all inclusive. Right downtown on the marina little walk to the beach or water taxi. Should be reasonably priced. Have Fun !!!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Cabo!

Another alternative would be the Villa del Palmar which also offers and AI package.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Cabo!

I had no idea all these hotels are offering AI. Why? Is it becoming that popular? Somehow it must be appealing and profitable for these hotels to do AI.

Sausalito
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to Cabo!

I agree with everyone else that RIU Palace, Villa del Palmar and Costa Real would be your best choices.

Costa Real is only 3 blocks from El Medano Beach and they offer a complimentary shuttle bus.

Others that offer all inclusive are the Calinda Beach Hotel, Villa La Estancia, the new Mayan Palace in San Jose del Cabo (scheduled to open next year but looks pretty far along construction wise.

For reasonably priced hotels close to El Medano Beach, you might want to look at Marina Sol and/or the Bahia Condo Hotel. They are very close to the main beach and walking distance to town. Bahia has VERY affordable food and full kitchens in the condo suites.

Terrasol has two bedrooms for $300 in peak season and they will accommodate six. The poolside restaurant serves breakfast and lunch and you are close to Solmar, Playa Grande and downtown. No activities on the beach though.

Condos aren't always about cooking! You can stock the fridge with snacks, breakfast cereal, beverages, alcohol, etc., etc.

Good luck ... hope you find the right place. Try some of these websites, www.cabocondos.com, www.grupobahia.com, www.terrasolcabo.com

Depending upon when you are travelling, RIU Palace has some incredible all inclusive rates during periods when their occupancy falls below 80%.