We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break with highschool kids

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
St. Louis
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Spring Break with highschool kids

Does anyone know of a all-inclusive, more on the upscale side, that will take teenagers without a parent for each child? The hotel we wanted to go to requires someone 21 years or older in each room. Our ratio of adult to teenager will be mmore like four to one.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break with highschool kids

This is going to be a common problem for spring break groups from high schools. The liability is just too high for most properties to consider this any more. I am sorry, I don't know any that will.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break with highschool kids

auntiemame,

welcome to the forum! I too do not know of any property that is AI that would fit your bill. One option is to look at non-AI properties. you might want to look at vrbo.com and see about a condo or villa and then make compensations for meals etc. Just an idea. Buena Suerte....... jim

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break with highschool kids

Auntie, you might want to check the Villa del Palmar. I have seen high school vacation groups there that had adult supervision, but it did not appear that there was a parent for every child.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break with highschool kids

I am sorry, I just re-read your post, and you should find resorts that will take your group if there is one adult per room. I would suggest contacting an experienced travel agent in your home town. They should have some tour operators they work with for groups of High School kids, and they oft times have some pretty good deals to offer, even though many properties will still not allow the younger crowds for spring break.