We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Restaurant Questions....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
More Restaurant Questions....

I love having dinner on the beach under twinkly lights. Any recommendations for beach restaurants? We are staying at the Melia San Lucas the last weekend in October - so some suggestions near there would be great to. It doesn't matter if its fancy or not - I just love dinners in the open air under twinkly lights. But let me know if the restaurant is fancy so I know how to dress and how much I am gonna pay. Thank you all in advance. :-)

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

super-

The Office is right next door to where you are staying and you can eat right on the beach. Very casual.

The PB Rose on the other side of your hotel has beach dining thats reserved ahead of time and more of a special dining set-up.

Weather and tide is a factor for beach dining. We were once at the Office and everyone in the sand was getting soaked. It was crazy.

Have fun!!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

Thanks Tooley. So I should make reservation at the PB's restaurant instead of just walking up? How far in advance should I make the reservation and what is the name of the restaurant so I could possibly email the hotel in advance? How much $$ ya think? Can we go in nice shorts and shirt or pants? Thanks again!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

super-

You should not need to make reservations until you get there. You will want to make sure it is on a nice evening(weather wise) and probably can make same day or day before reservations.

You know,I have never done the dinner on the beach at the Rose so not sure of the price. I know the buffet there runs about $25. a head. When you get to Melia just take a short walk over to the Rose and they will set it up. The couples I have seen dining there have been in "casual resort wear".

Sorry, I don't have more info.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

super-

You should not need to make reservations until you get there. You will want to make sure it is on a nice evening(weather wise) and probably can make same day or day before reservations.

You know,I have never done the dinner on the beach at the Rose so not sure of the price. I know the buffet there runs about $25. a head. When you get to Melia just take a short walk over to the Rose and they will set it up. The couples I have seen dining there have been in "casual resort wear".

Sorry, I don't have more info.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

computer is freaking out--sorry

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

If the PB's special dinner is too spendy, Cascadas does dinner on the beach every night. Tables are set out in the sand, and you can be as dressy or as casual (within reason) as you want. Dinner is by candlelight, and if you order the Mexican coffee afterwards, it is quite a show!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

VacationDog - where is Cascades? Do I need to make reservations?

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

Critter, it is the Club Cascadas de Baja. It is located next to the Pueblo Bonito Rose, three resorts down from the Melia. Check this site: http://loscabosguide.com/maps/cslmap.htm

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

Eljefe's right...it's just a 10 minute walk down the beach. No reservations are usually required, except on Fridays Mexican buffet.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More Restaurant Questions....

Eljefe's right...it's just a 10 minute walk down the beach. No reservations are usually required, except on Fridays Mexican buffet.