We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal Review

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
982 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Montreal Review

When I checked the reviews earlier this evening, there was one from Montreal dated Jan. 2. It's not there now. What's happening?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,081 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal Review

Was it a sales pitch or nasty?

PS, CA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal Review

The one titled " NOt sure Ill ever go back?" Its there

PS, CA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal Review

Cabo San Lucas: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas: "OK , but not sure I'll ever go back"

Date: January 2, 2005

Reviewer: A TripAdvisor User, Montreal

Compare prices with:

Have just returned from a week at the hotel. Most of the reviews I've read are pretty accurate. The property and setting is quite beautiful. If you want an specatcular view ask for room 2027 - it's a junior suite facing the ocean and Lands End - spectacular in the morning & in the evening and quiet as well.

The service as well was excellent - the staff were helpful and tried to please though there were some lapses but that's understandable in a new hotel.

The food was OK but nothing you'd rush back for. I was hoping for better. Ditto for their specialty restaurants - and with their crazy rules, I was waking up at 6:30 to make sure I could get a reservation which did not go down well with me or most of the other guests. I assume the folks at Riu's head office will sooner or later get the message and make changes. If not, they deserve all the negative feedback the property is getting.

The beds as everyone has stated were hard as a rock - I guess that's better than soft and mushy!! The bedroom doors slammed making noise throughout the entire hotel - thankfully we were in a wing that was pretty quiet.

The enterainment was pretty amateurish - Las Vegas this ain't!

The drinks were hit and miss - The only bartender there who know's what he's doing is Jose and he's at the pool!

Bees were around though not an issue unless you left food or mixed drinks near your lounge chair.

Beware - there are no non-smoking rooms. We were first given a room that smelled as if someone had been smoking cigars in it non-stop since the hotel opened - the management was accomodating and moved us, but if we had not been able to change rooms, I would have been very upset.

Am not sure our air conditioning ever worked - it only works when your patio doors are closed, however even after having it run full blast for eight hours our room never really cooled off - given the refreshing ocean breeze at night, that was not an issue.

Overall, we enjoyed our vacation though I'm not so sure the value for $ was there. We'll think twice about booking at a RIU if this is their version of a five star hotel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
982 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montreal Review

Thanks. It's back again today, an unsolved mystery.