We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace - Beware the bees

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace - Beware the bees

Just got back from 5 nights at the Riu...I will post a full review later, but I really thought it important to mention this to anyone allergic to bees stings: you may SERIOUSLY want to rethink this resort. I have never seen such a problem in my life. By 10am, they are EVERYWHERE...pool side, on the beach, restaurants, around all the bars....for most, a bee sting is just an inconvience, but for some this can be fatal. Please, if you are allergic, take proper precautions if you are going there

Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

We were in Cabo for Thanksgiving. The bee problem is not unique to RIU, it is a problem in the entire corridor. It is frustrating!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

Frustrated by bees? Big deal....Whatever- Stay home

Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

Its tough to drink a soda with bees flying into and around the can. Didn't say I couldn't handle it just an annoying problem.

Needahm, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

We are staying at Dreams Los Cabos. Does anyone know about the bees there?? I am very alergic and never thought about it!

Dallas, TX
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

My wife and I spent our Honeymoon at the RIU 12/5-12/12. I have no idea what your are talking about when you say beware of the bees. The entire week we were there we saw maybe two bees and we spent almost half of our week there laying by the pool reading and drinking. Perhaps the bees got worse after we left...I don't know, but I can tell you we had no such bee problem during our stay.

Toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

can i ask what the crowd was like at the resort?

where were they from? any singles?

California
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

Pinki- we were ther 12/11-18 and it was mostly couples..then on the 17th it was a lot of families , with kids... the only single people we saw were with groups of others. It didnt seem to be a real singles scene but then again it was 2 weeks before Xmas...

SLC, UT
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

sounds miserable. I look forward to reading your full review. We are heading to Riu on Jan 3. I am VERY nervous after reading the latest reviews. Quick question - how long is the drive from the airport?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

Its about 35-45 minutes depending who is driving...LOL

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Palace - Beware the bees

Dont be nervous, keep in mind that people like to complain more than they praise. There were thousands of people passing thru the Riu this past month.....and you are reading about a handful of issues. I have a ton of pix of the property I can email you if you'd like.