We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried about hurricanes

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
5 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Worried about hurricanes

I know, probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway...! I know the weather can't be predicted too well, but, we are going to Cabo Sept. 7-13th (to celebrate our 25th Anniversary!) along with our friends, and have read that this is hurricane season. How likely are they to happen in Cabo at this time? I have heard that they are a possibility, but not as likely as the Gulf of Mexico area. Just having some last minute jitters about picking this time of year to go there! Getting very excited and have found these forums to help us a lot! Thanks in advance!

Mid Missouri
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried about hurricanes

Brnidgrl,

There is a 1 in 365 chance that a hurricane will hit Los Cabos Sept. 7th 2005. Ironically there is also a 1 in 365 chance that a hurricane will hit Los Cobas Sept. 8th 2005. Just kidding. I know nothing about weather, so I always look on the net. You are close enough to your date that you can get the 10 forcast.

weather.com/activities/…

That link is the 10 day forcast for SJDC. I check it every day. So far it looks like Sept. 7th and 8th Look GREAT.

Go & Do

Escondido...
Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried about hurricanes

Hello,

Just got back from Cabo. We got a taste of a hurricane when Hilary passed us to the south. We got wind and rain, lasted Sunday night through Monday afternoon, then cleared out.

Since I can guess as well as the weatherman can, I would say your chances are less in Cabo than in the gulf states and the Caribbean.

I would not let the possibility of bad weather chance your plans.

Have a great 25th. Wife and I will be doing that next year, if she keeps me that long.