We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Hacienda to be torn down!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kentucky
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Hacienda to be torn down!

It's official, my favorite hotel will not be renovated. It is scheduled to be completly torn down and replaced with four story, full ownership, very expensive condos.

Even getting on the grounds of the new facility will likely be a problem. The property was just too valuable for this not to happen eventually.

Too bad that Cabo is losing such a classic hotel with a great history.

Adios Hacienda!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Hacienda to be torn down!

Bajaed,

There are several threads about this. you might want to do a search and see what was said. The information i have is that they are still not confident just what will be done. one possibility is that this property will be rennovated and maybe some condos added. Hate to see it go but if they do just rennovate i think that would be a good thing. Buena Suerte.... jim

Kentucky
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Hacienda to be torn down!

YM, I guess I should have listed my sources for this information. Check out the the current edition of the gringo gazette on their website, pg.2(I know they have been wrong before). I also had a lengthy phone conversation with one of the editors at a major fishing publication who is very familiar with the situation and he told me the same thing.

It would be great in my book if they are both wrong or there is more to it than I know. I was told that the price paid for the property was so high that the only way to re-coup the investment was to build ultra exclusive and expensive condos.

Do you have any additional info that you can disclose now or in the future?

Thanks for your reply!

BE

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Hacienda to be torn down!

Bajaed,

i did read the Gringo Gazette and they very well may be correct. I had heard from a good inside source that it was to be upgraded and remodeled but you know the way of the Baja. I too sill be sorry to see this landmark cease to exist as we know and love it. Buena Suerte.... jim

Roxbury NJ
Level Contributor
461 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Hacienda to be torn down!

hope your wrong, stayed there a few months back, location cant be beat, fantastic charm