We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the Costco in Cabo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
How is the Costco in Cabo?

Spending a week in Cabo with the family including a 1 year old. We rented a house in Pedregal. We would like to go to Costco upon arrival and stock up on food, drink and munchies. We are concerned about the grade of meat and milk in the Costco. Is it grade A beef like here in the states? What about the milk? Is it american or local milk? If local, I hope it is pasteurized.

Thanks.

WA. State
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the Costco in Cabo?

We just returned from a week in Cabo. We stocked up on some groceries at Costco. Everything looks just the same as it does here in the states. The milk is pasteurized. The milk tasted richer to me. The meat looked fine. We didn't buy any because I didn't want to do any cooking. They even have those same rotisserie chickens that they carry here in the states. Those were tempting. That seemed like a really simple dinner. I did take a peek in the meat dept. and it all looked good. It appeared that a lot of their clientele were tourists and I don't think they would sell anything that tourists wouldn't buy. I'm not sure where the restaurants get their meat supply, but I ate meat all week and didn't get sick.

~Cari

NY
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the Costco in Cabo?

Can someone tell me where the costco is located?

Thanks!

WA. State
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the Costco in Cabo?

If you are heading towards Cabo San Lucas Costco is on the right side of the main highway. I'm not good at mileage, I'm guessing 3-5 miles before downtown. Someone else will probably respond to your post and give you better detail.

You can't miss it though. The building looks exactly like they do here in the states.

~Cari

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the Costco in Cabo?

Since the Mad Cow business in the states, Mexico actually still has a ban on a lot of US beef cuts! If you look at the labels, the nice steaks are actually from Canada, no the US. You can't buy Hebrew National franks here either, because of the ban. If you don't have a car you might try City Club right downtown. It's a Mexican knockoff of Costco, almost identical. The membership is about $13 for the year but you can buy a day pass for $1.

NY
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the Costco in Cabo?

Do you know exactly where the "city club" is downtown?

Thanks!

los cabos
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the Costco in Cabo?

across the street from the main pemex (gas station), which is on the main entry road into cabo after the highway ends...

ask ANY local here and they will know where it is. just pronounce it "ceeetie cloob" as the english words, are pronounced this way in spanish.

kelowna,bc
Level Contributor
149 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the Costco in Cabo?

We are staying right downtown in a place with cooking facilites...want to do our own breakfasts and lunches but go out for supper every night....is there a supermarcado downtown ...as we will not have a car...want to walk....also want to buy some rum and coke and beer but assume you can get that in the supermarcado....any ideas of where to shop....staying down at the marina area close to all those bars etc.. any street names so I can look on my map....thanks....cold in Canada.

los cabos
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How is the Costco in Cabo?

i'd take a taxi to soriana's or ccc. mexican chain stores like target but with groceries/liquor as well. otherwise you'll spend a fortune at the local grocery store in downtown cabo (aramburo)... you will save far more than the taxi fare it costs you to get there...