First, I apologize if this question is similar to one posted down the board, but I wanted to ask my own specific questions.
I'm getting married in March, so my fiance (wife?!) and I will be honeymooning from the 21-28th. We're trying to decide between an all-inclusive near Playa del Carmen (eg, Secrets Excellence) and a non-AI resort in Cabos (eg, Marquis). Some info, for what it's worth...
- We're late 20's, like to party, but for our honeymoon we'll be looking to relax for the most part. We might look to go out 2 or 3 nights tops. Definitely don't want to be in the spring break mix, would could be a problem in Cabos, late March (?).
- We enjoy warm weather - the hotter the better. Looks like both places are very similar, except Cabos gets colder at night.
- We enjoy the beach, but it looks like Cabos is hit-or-miss with the whole safety thing. If we find the right place, though, we'd be willing to forego the ideal swimming beach.
- We'd like to do a little sight-seeing and some activities/touristy-stuff.
- The Marquis looks like the perfect hotel for us, but since it's not AI, we're not sure how much we'd spend compared to the AI places in Playa del Carmen. This is a big one... how much could we expect to spend for a week? We like to eat and drink well! :)
Ok, I think that about covers it... thanks very much for any suggestions!