We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Grande Construction

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DC
13 posts
Save Topic
Playa Grande Construction

Is the construction a reason not to stay at the Playa Grande?

canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Grande Construction

Don't let it scare you. We were ther at the end of November and were kind of aprehensive before leaving. It turned out to be the most relaxing and fun vacation we have had. Try to request on of the buildings near the beach if you can and you won't even know construction is taking place. Most of the noise is coming from the new phase on top of the hill overlooking the marina. The finishing touches are just being done near the lobby where the huge set of stairs lead to the main part of the resort. Some of this construction can be seen on some of our pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/kevinstan

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,141 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Grande Construction

Absolutely not! It is wonderful! Just returned on the 11th. It may be noisy if your unit is away from the ocean, as they are now building the villas on the hill, but we didn't have any construction noise at all! Great stay, great food, service, etc! We love it there, and even during the major construction, everyone is so nice it was not that big a bother! Go and enjoy it!

new jersy
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Grande Construction

they are right, and dont get caught up in this chat stuff. everyone has different expectations. i can tell you that i have been around the world, and when i go back i will probably go to playa grande if i go with the kids. if its just me and my wife we will probably stay at one of the corridor hotels. bonito is a bad move, choose either playa grande or rui and you will be fine.

new jersy
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Grande Construction

by the way katd tried to tell me this when i was looking for info via chat, and i ignored her. well guess what? she was on the money!!!

DC
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Grande Construction

why is bonito a bad move? which bonito are you talking about?