We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Pulmo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo Pulmo

My Husband, myself and two of our friends will be staying in Cabo 8-20 thru -27. We plan on driving to Cabo Pulmo for some Scuba Diving and I wanted to see if anyone has been there, what it's like and if any one has ever dove there before.

Anyone else staying in Cabo during that time?

Can't wait to go!!!!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Pulmo

went last year. the reef is incredible, LOTS of fish, starfish, huge fish that I have no idea what they are. This was the first time I have ever been scuba diving, but I am going back in oct and will do it again. A must.

California
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Pulmo

Thank you for your reply. Everything I've seen on the internet makes it look awesome. We dove in Cabo in May and it was pretty but not alot to look at. Cancun was incredible so I'm hoping Cabo Pulmo is more like Cancun.

I've heard it can get really windy there, what was your experience like?

How long did it take for you to get there from Cabo? Did you rent a car of take a tour?

Any input you have would be appreciated.

Didn't you just get back from Cabo? Did you stay at the Villa Del Palmar?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Pulmo

No, I stayed there last year, I only just now posted my review, cause I did not know of this site till last month.

yes, it can get windy, I didnt notice it though, I am from STL, so extremem weather conditions dont phase me.

I thought it was awesome, but then again, I ahve never dove any were else. I hear the caribean is a 100 times better, but I cant say cause I have never been.

I believe the trip was about an hour or 2. We took a tour. Rode in a van down there with some other people. Great landscape out there.

Folsom, Ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo Pulmo

Hi, Yes I'm going 8/17 - 8/24. I'm sitting at my desk and I'm supposed to be working but I am chomping at the bit. This is about my tenth time going to Cabo. I have dove Cabo Pulmo one time. We took the van it was a long drive... 2 hours plus. It was windy that day went and unfortunately lessened the visibility. The waves were really bad, even the divemaster got sick. But we still had a great dive, believe it or not. In the proper conditions (i.e. less windy) Cabo Pulmo would have ranked very high on places to dive. Check the wind conditions plan the whole day away and have a great time!! I found it best to take the van. The guys will take care of your rentals, food afterwards (Fish tacos and beer That was awesome.) Where are you staying? Have you dove the Sand waterfall before?

Phoenix
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Pulmo

I just finished my certification last weekend and my 1st dive will be in Cabo Pulmo at the end of this month. I can't wait. Reading about the wind makes me a little nervous since I am as new as a diver can be... Should I postpone this dive until I get some more experience?

I had also planed diving in the bay around Neptune's Finger... Is that where the sand falls are? Should I plan this dive before Cabo Pulmo?

Thanks for you imput!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo Pulmo

sand's fall are the local dives, and that is around neptune's finger.

Folsom, Ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo Pulmo

I would start at neptunes finger just to cure your anxiety to get in the water. The Pulmo dive is quite a drive.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo Pulmo

Wonderful, thanks guys for the imput... I will for sure schedule my dives in town before traveling the 2 hours to Cabo Pulmo... My parents dive with Manta, have you had any experiences (good or bad) with this group? They seem to want to work with me and my "new-be-ness"

Alaska
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo Pulmo

Who is a good outfit to book out of Cabo Pulmo?

I have read up a liitle on Pepe's Dive resort, are they reputable?

Also, do you think Snorkeling from the various beaches is viable, or would you need to book someone to take you out?

Currently I am not dive certified, but would surely like to try diving. Any recommendations for certification in the area?

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I too am intersted in doing some ocean activity (diving/snorkeling) in Cabo Pulmo.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabo Pulmo

I'm also interested in scuba 'round Cabos Pulmo and San Lucas. I'm taking my wife (PADI certified) in early January, and she loves to scuba.

In Cabo Pulmo, is Pepe's a better outfit than Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort? How is the wreck dive?

In Cabo San Lucas, she dove off Los Arcos, and is looking for something new. How does Sand's Fall compare?

Any other particular dive spots good in January?

Thanks!

- Dan