We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Grande?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St paul, Mn
6 posts
Save Topic
Playa Grande?

Can anyone tell me if the PG has added an on site store yet to purchase water, pop, snacks etc. ?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,152 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Grande?

Just got back from our annual stay Sat! They have a very nice sundrys store-has a little of everything. We drink the local water, but they do have bottled, plus sodas, cheeses, snacks-gifts, clothing, childrens water toys-you name it! If your "room" is near the sea, you shouldn't be bothered with any noise! The new lobby is beautiful. The Calima restaurant is up and running for all meals.......all in all, it's coming along beautifully!

St paul, Mn
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Grande?

Thanks KATD for your valuable info. Was there last year in Jan so am glad to hear progress is being made. Do you happen to know if all airlines fly into the same terminal. I know they have 2 and we are meeting friends that are flying a different airline.

Thanks again!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,152 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Grande?

I do know they are still using both. Alaska and Frontier were in the new terminal, but don't know more than that. sorry! If I find out anything more I will let you know! Enjoy your holiday!

Washington DC
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Grande?

My husband's best friend has a time share at the Playa Grande and he wants us to vacation with him at the end of January. We have a little boy who will be 15 months old. How "child friendly" is the resort? Can we get fresh, whole milk? Can we rent a port-crib? Will the transfer vans have a car seat? Do they offer baby-sitting or any child care during the day? And is there still major construction going on at the resort?

Thanks for the information...

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,152 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Grande?

The on site store had milk when we were there, plus the staff is very helpful, and should be able to provide it if the store is out. To the best of my knowledge, there is not babysitting per say-but they may have a service they use. I would contact them via the web page on that. There were several babies there in early Dec., and we have seen babies both there and Solmar each time we go. They love children! The construction was limited to the new villas while we were there. They are going to make the old "turn around" into a coffee house or something, and the old lobby into a sports bar, but had not begun anything while we were there. The store also carried some babyfood. There is a Costco in Cabo as well, so you should be just fine! Any other questions, I would be happy to try to answer them.