We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Austin, TX
12 posts
Save Topic
seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

Can anyone recommend a dependable ground transport from the airport to the Riu? We have 4 adults and 2 yr old.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

ContacTours has always been reliable, but don't know if they service the Riu. Look at www.loscabosguide.com for some suggestions.

Roxbury NJ
Level Contributor
462 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

Transcabo they were great

Austin, TX
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

Thanks - does anyone have an opinion of the ground transpo companies vs. just landing and buying a ticket from the colectivos? Colectivo seems to be about $13 v. $32 for shuttles.

Vegas
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

Does anyone have some information regarding this? This would be really helpful to me too. I am going the 18th and I want to lock down all the details.

Thanks for any advice and help.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas, Alaska
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

I've never arranged shuttle service in advance, just pay your 14.00 when you get there and no problemo. They do drop off at a few hotels on the way, so the ride all the way into town (where I stay) might take a full hour, but what the heck.

San Diego, CA
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

$14 per person?

Vegas
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

Just for everyones information, I checked and to get to Costa Real where I am staying it is $16/way with transcabo and I am just gonna book with them.

They seem to have good feedback on this forum.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

Yes, 14 per person. I've always been solo, so it works well for me. I guess if there were, say, 4 of you, then a private cab @ 60.00 would be an option. I had to take one to the airport one time when I missed the shuttle (and almost my plane!). Seems to me I paid 55 now that I think of it, but for 4 they would probably charge more.

Roxbury NJ
Level Contributor
462 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

Transcabo will only put 7 people or so per van it was a quick trip to the marina area about 35 minutes, 15.00pp 30 rt, they were waiting handled the bags and were early waiting to go home and got lucky only one other couple at pickup from airport in a suburban and we were going to same resort,very professional service

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: seeking dependable ground transfer recommendation

I might be long on the hour guess too. Depends where and how may stops they ned to make. First stop is usually a liquor store, so a few cervaces (sp?) make the trip a pleasant one:)