We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Packages

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indiana
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing Packages

Can anyone recommend any companies that handle fishing packages , including the hotel?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Packages

Onthego,

Check out Redrum charters. They have a large fleet of boats meeting almost every need. If you e-mail or call Heather she can tell you about their charters and condos. All I can say is that they have always treated us well. They also own and operate th Crazy Lobster restaurant and will cook your catch cheap, freeze or smoke the rest, and get you Happy with all of the tequila you can drink after dinner! --J.G.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,448 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Packages

Look at Solmar Fleet or Cabo Magic.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Packages

When I first started to go to Cabo about 12 years ago I used Fishing International a few times, www.fishinginternational.com. Never had a problem, Chris can book air, hotel and fishing. This is a service so you will pay more than booking it yourself.

If you want to save money book it yourself, there are plenty of boats in Cabo no need to prebook. If you want to fish for Marlin go to the main dock about 2:00 p.m. and see what is coming in. Talk to the fisherman after they get off a boat and ask for recommendations and then book your fishing.

Do not give a deposit to anyone just standing next to a boat, some people have been scammed this way. Be sure of whom you are dealing with and know the going rates; $350 for a 28 ft single engine, $450 for a 31 ft twin plus bait and tip. Remember that you are fishing for marlin not catching, on average I guess that you can catch 1 marlin for every 2 days of fishing but you can still catch tuna and dorado on the same lures. All the charters in previous posts have a very good reputation. If you want to fish for small game look at a panga,(22 - 23 ft open boat with an outboard and no bathroom) about $150 - $200 for 6 hours.