We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo in January

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
boston, ma
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Cabo in January

We're planning a January vacation to Cabo. Looks like we're staying at he new RIU Palace. I have a few questions.........

Weather, what's it like in Jan?

Restaurants, any GREAT ones?

Beaches, any that are swimmable?

Safety, is this a safe place?

Things to do, do tell.....

Thanks.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Cabo in January

Well, New Year's is pretty wild in Cabo but just in the downtown area; Bodyshot, Cabo Wabo and Squid will be packed full of partyers. If you are not looking for that you won't have any problem avoiding it. Hotels are always mellow and Cabo is still very much a small place; you can find yourself in an empty and very quiet desert in about 10 mins. driving in either direction. Don't worry, come on down and enjoy the sun and the warm ocean, in Cabo you can be as wild or as mellow as you want to be, it is your choice.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,482 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cabo in January

Cabo, just like any place, is safe if you use a little caution. I wouldn't go wandering about alone, late at night, in places off the "beaten path". I walk into town alone during the day-no problemo! I don't drink, so have no advice on that, other than it can get expensive. It is a great place to visit. I hear holidays are a little insane-but that is usually the gringos out being crazy-just like everywhere.

Elkhart, Indiana
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Cabo in January

I'm planning a trip to Cabo in December. We are trying to decide where to stay it's between the Dream's Los Cabo's or the Riu Los Cabo's. I'f anyone has any input it would be a great help. Doe's the Dream's have a safe swimming beach?

Thanks in advance

brooklyn,Ny
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Cabo in January

Have just booked the first trip to Cabo for my girlfriend and I. We will be staying at the Riu Palace in January. Thanx to all you Cabo fans for your input on the boards, it's been a real help. I've done my research for a few weeks now and have found out a couple of things- First off, the beach on the Riu property is not swimmable but if you don't mind; a ten minute walk down the beach is all it takes to get to the safer waters.

Construction is "on schedule" to date and should be completely finished by the december first opening (this was important to us, because i've been at hotels while a new wing is being worked on and its not very fun), so that was a major plus. It's not far from downtown cabo which is where I hear we should be at night. My question is if anybody knows how the bar/club scene is in January? Where are the hot spots to hit up? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanx

boston, ma
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Cabo in January

WOW! I started this post and look how it's grown. Glad to see some others are staying at the RIU. I'll be anxiously awaiting your reviews when you get back. January can't come fast enough. Thanks for all your help.