We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Striped Marlin

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Striped Marlin

I have been reading ElBudster's daily fishing report for quite a while. Lots of Marlin caught in the 70-90 pound range lately. Is this smaller than average? I was thinking average size would be 120ish??? Also, Yachtdude. Thinking about going back to Cabo end of Feb/first of March for the big 4 0. I have looked at last years catch on Mexfish, but what would you say "normal" fishing conditions are for that time of year? I can't go in Oct. Nov., or Dec. because of work and want to go at a good time for catching, not fishing, if you know what I mean! Parman the marlinless

Connecticut
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Striped Marlin

Hi,

I just wanted to put my two cents in...I was there last week with my husband and friends. The guys did a full day fishing trip and caught 3 marlin-all 100 pounds or more. Then us girls went along for a half day and I caught a rooster fish and we got some funny looking grouper things. I had a blast!!! Oh, we just walked along the marina a few days ahead of time and ended up booking with a boat called Don Lencho. Great time!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Striped Marlin

parman,

Try this link for some good fishing reports:

allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php…