We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
bay area
1 post
Save Topic
hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

Party of 4 - we are planning a trip to cabo the second week of august. We stayed at the melia san lucas last trip. we are looking for something closer to downtown and still on the beach. Can anyone give a review on the Misiones - the reviews posted are not good. looking for a 1-2 bd room with kitchen - need a hotel that caters to college girls.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,442 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

Missiones is not close to town, but that is all I can tell you-it is closer to San Jose. You might want to look at the PB Rose or Los Cabos for close to town........as for catering to college girls, I am not sure exactly what that means. The 1-2 bdrm. would be easier to find in a time share set up....also, the Riu is AI, which can be an advantage it you want your drinks included.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

Cali, disregard KatD this time, she must have been up a little too late last night. As you know Misiones is only about 5 km outside of town. It's a small resort that a lot of people really like. Even though it is CLOSE to town, it still requires a cab ride. I would also look at something right on Medano Beach like one of the Pueblo Bonito resorts.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,442 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

Eljefe-isn't it closer to San Jose than Cabo? I have not stayed there and only had one couple book it-or I could be thinking of an entirely different place.............I honestly thought it was closer to SJ.............Thanks! Appreciate any help on that one.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

KatD, no it's only about 5 km outside of CSL. It's basically on the first headland that you see looking north. Da'Giorgio's restaurant is located there.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,442 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

Wow-brain snag on that one! Thanks! It's not in the one brochure I keep at home, and obviously, I blew it! Need to learn not to jump in unless I am sure of something.........what a concept, huh!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

KatD, one mistake in over 4800 posts. That's not bad!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,442 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

Right-let's see if we can perpetuate that illusion ;-) All that means it that I talk way too much!

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

We are going (3 women) august 3-8 and staying at the RIU. I heard our place is about a 10 minute ride to town.

I heard that the Pueblo bonito resorts are really nice....and may be what you are looking for..there are 3 of them.

You can go online on trip advisor and check it out....they say that one is quiet, one is elegant and one is a party place.

If you are moms and daughters (so are we) this may really suit you because you can have the best of both for both generations.

cabo san lucas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel in cabo - moms/daughters

The Melia San Lucas is directly on the beach in Cabo and does not get much closer to downtown Cabo - did you stay at the other one in the corridor last time maybe ? It's called Dreams now but used to be called the Melia Los Cabos.

Also along the main beach in Cabo - El Medano - is the Pueblo Bonito Rose and Blanco and the Cascadas though the Cascadas is a little further down near the end of the beach further from all the "college girl" activities.