We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did you see snakes?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
961 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Did you see snakes?

OK, so I really want my 21 year old daughter and myself to do a zip line tour, but she would truly freak out and disturb the whole Baja penninsula if she were to see a snake...

So my question is: Have you done the zip line and did you see a snake??????

Thanks for your input!

Hermiston, Oregon
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did you see snakes?

I have done the zip line and didn't see any snakes.

We did see a humming bird nest with babies. They were so tiny!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,051 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did you see snakes?

I did the Cabo Azul zip lines a couple of years ago and the trails were full of rattlesnakes. The guide had a stick with him and would "encourage" the snakes to move from the trail so that we could pass without worry.

I do not know if it is like that all the time, during a certain time of year, or if it was an anomoly because that was the only time we did the zip lines.

So, I hope you get a good selection of reponses from people so that you can figure that out. Also, for people who are responding, perhaps you can mention which zip line tour you were on - it would help identify the ones where snakes are seen more often than the others.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,051 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did you see snakes?

Luv,

Here's a link to a previous thread re: Cabo zip lines that has a lot of info in it:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k13649…

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Did you see snakes?

We did the zip line tour this past April and didn't see any snakes. I can't remember the name of the company, though. We did see snakes at the Raven (golf course).

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Did you see snakes?

I saw some snakes on the plane once. Oh wait, that was a movie.

6. Re: Did you see snakes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 02, 2009