We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabo or puerto vallarta ??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lakewood, CO
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cabo or puerto vallarta ??

which one has better & cooler weather this time of year - mid July?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,352 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabo or puerto vallarta ??

Cabo is less humid-it's a desert climate, while PV is a tropical climate. Neither are cool.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cabo or puerto vallarta ??

colorado,

KatD is correct! Tell us more of what you want out of your holiday and im confident that the visitors to this forum will respond with all of the information you need. Buena Suerte........ jim

Lakewood, CO
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cabo or puerto vallarta ??

thanks I have been going back & forth on the two.... I think Cabo is where I will end up. Now where to stay - I am looking for an adult place that nice & on the beach. I dont want to be too far from the action but do want a nice beach free of vendor & the time share peoplen - what do you think am I asking to much.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,352 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cabo or puerto vallarta ??

one of the best beaches for being close to town, yet having no vendors is Solmar beach, but it is definitely No Swimming. You might want to look at Classic Mexico, Earth, Sea & Sky, Pleasant Mexico and from your area, SunTrips is also a possibility. I love both Solmar and Playa Grande (own at both) and Finisterra and TerraSol are also very nice! They have never been super pushy about the time-share tours! Just say no thanks and they leave you alone (at least they did us!)

W Virginia
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cabo or puerto vallarta ??

Are any of those ADULT? I would like to find the same, Riu is too family oriented for us.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,352 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cabo or puerto vallarta ??

You will find kids (families) at most of the resorts, but we find very few children when we go in early Dec. I can check at work tomorrow on adult only resorts, as non come to mind right now. Playa Grande has several pools, so there is usually a place that the kids aren't around. Terra Sol is a condo, seems fairly quiet. Solmar also has 3 pools and the "upper" one seems to have very few, if any kids.

Roxbury NJ
Level Contributor
438 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cabo or puerto vallarta ??

colorado , my wife and i stayed at hacienda beach resort, it will close sept for reno but if you are going before that it was a jewel large quiet beach swimmable, empty palapas all day , very few kids and vendor free zone, only a few minute walk to the beach action and a one minute walk to the marina where lots of restaurants, clubs cafes etc, didnt need a taxi till we went to the airport to leave, nicest beach on medanno

Lakewood, CO
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cabo or puerto vallarta ??

thanks for your reply I will have to check it out !