We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Y-dude

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Y-dude

Hows the fishing buddy? Parman

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Y-dude

Parman

Lots of YFT with a few good Wahoos and Dorado. A monster Marlin was hooked by one of the fleets that was estimated at 1200 to 1400 lbs. Roosters are pretty good and the Pangas are catching a real mixed bag. I did have a friend who got a Sail and there have been some good numbers of Stripers as well...... Buena Suerte...... jim

Texas
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Y-dude

It sounds like it's getting back to normal catch wise. Thanks for the report and eat some YFT for me. Parman

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Y-dude

parman,

when is your next trip? Saludos...... jim

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Y-dude

jp when was the big tournament??? Did you fish it and how did you do cause I assume so.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Y-dude

Frozensnowdude,

the Stars and Stripes tournament was held but i did not fish as i have been engaged in other efforts. I heard they raised a bunch of money as it is a charity tournament, and that a good thing! Buena Suerte...... jim

Texas
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Y-dude

Yachtdude,

I won't get back to Baja until next year. I just had to cancel a Tarpon trip in two weeks, so besides freshwater fishing, my next trip will be YFT out of Venice Louisiana at the end of September. No huge fish, but supposed to be many over 100 pounds to be had, and pretty goo Wahoo.

Parman the Marlinless

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Y-dude

parman,

i hope you stomp the YFT. 100lbs! nothing to sneeze at man. The Wahoos ought to give you a thrill. let me know how it goes. Buena Suerte....... jim

Texas
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Y-dude

I won't be sneezing! Arms will be too darn sore! I am pretty excited about it. Of course, I am more excited about going after that Marlin again next year in Cabo! Having one break off on my first try will make it twice as sweet when I do finally get to release my first. Who knows, maybe my first will be the Grander you mentioned above!! By then he oughta go 1450!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
23,991 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Y-dude

Par-you made me laugh! Next time you will definitely get the big one! ;-)

Texas
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Y-dude

Thanks KatD. We all need to laugh more in this day and age! I figured I would be hearing that you took Baja up on that timeshare Labor Day?!?!