We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
North Carolina
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
RIU Question

Hi everyone. I have been reading through the forums, thanks for all of the great information. I finally decided on the RIU for September. I booked through Travelocity several days ago and then I emailed the hotel yesterday to confirm and make a couple of requests. I have not heard back from them yet. Has anyone else tried to contact them via email? If so, how long did it take to get a response?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Question

Heels, it normally took them 2 or 3 days to get back with me last month.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
400 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Question

Hola Heels!

Carlos takes around 2 days to get back to you. You may want to try and call the hotel if you don't hear anything. I would recommend confirming they received your reservation. We didn't have any problems through Pleasant Holidays. But, it's always a good idea to double check, especially when using an online outfit.

The Riu is great and I'm sure you'll have a great time. Par and I have recently stayed there, so let us know if you have any more questions about the property. Ciao!

Amanda

North Carolina
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Question

Thanks Amanda and Par, I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question. I may have some questions for you if you don't mind.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Question

Heels fan -

I emailed three times in the last week (two long emails and a short one yesterday. No answer yet. I'll wait a day or two then call.

P.S. I heard they put all Tar Heel Fans where the sewers smell, the noice is constant and where there's weekly maid service! Go Illini!!!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Question

Ohhh man, here we go!

Just ask away. par

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Question

Heels Fan-

Got a nice reply from Carlos this morning!

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Question

Carlos replied to my email but never gave me a confirmation number for my reservation. I emailed him back and he said they see my reservvation and not to worry. I dont feel assured. I just hope I have no problems. I have read reviews where they over book. It happened to me in Cancun, but I complained enough to stay at the place I booked.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU Question

Thanks everyone for the replies. I made a couple of requests along with asking for confirmation for my reservation. I got a reply from Carlos stating that they would try to accomodate my requests, but he didn't specifically confirm our reservation. I emailed again to ask him to directly confirm my reservation and now I am waiting for that reply.

Maritalblitz, did you get a confirmation and a number to go with it? By the way, did you see that little game in April? :)

CA
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU Question

I'm booked at the Riu too and trying to get confirmation of my reservation. Could I get Carlos' email from one of you so I can start my own little peace of mind?

Thanks!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: RIU Question

Here you go:

palace.cabosanlucas@riu.com

Did you book online too Schadenfreude?