We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaygeecee!!! I hope you get this before you leave!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
713 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kaygeecee!!! I hope you get this before you leave!!

Sorry I have not had a chance to post my entire review before you leave, but I will give you a few highlights for your trip.

Don't fret about how many $0nes$ you bring. We brought twenty ones each... My boyfriend and I. That was plenty, cuz in change pesos.. 20 pesos is apprx 2 dollars. Easy to remember.

Best restaurants on our list:

The Galleon just at the foot of the Solmar (belongs to Solmar) one of the BEST meals of the week!

Pancho's Tequila bar and Restaurant! Muy excellento! Try the Tortilla soup. Over the top! Whole Red Snapper... Excellent with a mango salsa.

Sancho Panza.. nice romantic evening for just the boyfriend and I. Fabulous food, and Jazz music playing.

Sunset Grill rooftop restaurant. Fabulous view, but still very WINDY, bring a wrap for the evening, or they will lend you a nice warm Mexican blanket to throw over your shoulders! I have a great photo of us with one!!

Crazy lobster for those great $4.00 lobster omelettes, just across the street from Pancho's. YUM!!!!

Sunset sail, on the Tropicat, with coupon off of loscabosguide.com, $38.00 per person, high end wine and booze, very classy hors de ouvres.. (sp??) This was the highlight of the trip for me!!!! Great photos of the sunset.

Water taxi to Lovers beach, water is still very rough, they tried to put us on shore twice.. but watching the other water taxi's attempt, we decided to go to Medano beach... but the ride around lands end was Over the TOP!!!!!!

Took the local bus to Todos Santos for an afternoon... this was fun, very much like taking the Greyhound bus for a tour. Todos Santos was nice, but I would have liked to have had a car, to stop at Art & Beer. Saw it as we drove by, but couldn't ask the bus driver to drop us there!!! Hehee, we would have had to hitch hike back to Cabo....

That is all for now, I have to get to work!!

Enjoy the Solmar, it is a beautiful property. Playa Grande was fabulous, we did the massage there, a treat from my boyfriend for the two girls! We loved it!!!

Gotta run, now you go have some Fun!!!

Chica

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Kaygeecee!!! I hope you get this before you leave!!

Chica - did you use the pools over at Playa Grande at all? How was the walk into town from Solmar?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,141 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kaygeecee!!! I hope you get this before you leave!!

Chica! Jose Luis has been there for ages and he is one of my absolute favorite fellows!

California
Level Contributor
713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kaygeecee!!! I hope you get this before you leave!!

Crysns, No we did not use their pools, but went over to check them out. VERY busy, lots of little kids and families. I did use the spa at Playa Grande after our massage. They have a spectacular infinity jacuzzi overlooking the new miniature golf area. Unfortunately the new wing going up is just above this and the noise did not make for a relazing jacuzzi soak. Still, very pretty setting.

KatD, Jose Luis is a very fun guy. We enjoyed him during our time at the pool bar! I am ready to go back!!

Chica