We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review... Muy Bueno!!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
713 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review... Muy Bueno!!!!

Hi all, as promised, I am writing my review of our week in Cabo. Thanks to all the input from our wonderful experts, as well as the members that have recently made Cabo their favorite place to vacation! I will try and cap on all aspects of our week, if any questions, please let me know. I am going to write this in segments, so bear with me please.

Saturday June 25th through July 2nd:

DAY ONE:

We arrived in Cabo and had Cape Travel pre-booked through their website from loscabosguide.com. $28.00 round trip per person, four adults for our group. We arrived, and stepped directly outside. Passed the timeshare people. They were not hounding in anyway, just asking if we were interested. (my friends insist, that it was because I spoke spanish and cajoled them with jokes as we passed)

There were four other people in our air conditioned van, they were going to Pueblo Bonito. I asked the driver if we could stop on the way to pick up some beer and a few items for our room, he absolutely had no problem with this. We stopped and picked up a couple of six packs of Pacifico beer, and some chips. A six pack $5.00, the other person in our van, was being an ##SS, and a bit of a jerk, and a little demanding. He paid $4.00 for one beer, we smiled at him and said, "Hola!!!!"

We get to our hotel, Solmar, beautiful hotel. Service was excellent, and I ask for Lupita Chong, she made sure we were happy with our rooms, KatD, I gave her your hellos. She is a lovely lady! Our reservation was perfect.

Two couples, two rooms.

Our one bedroom master suite, small kitchenette, full living room, with two full bathrooms. Master suite had a jacuzzi whirlpool in the bathroom! King size bed, two balconies overlooking (one of the) pools, plus the public jacuzzi. Full ocean view. VERY NICE!!!!!!

Our guests, had a studio one bedroom, garden view, still very nice room. King size bed, sitting area and small kitchen area.

At this point, our guests, who have never been to Mexico before, are enthralled. They were ambivilent to start with, but by now they are into the Cabo groove! Our first night in Cabo is excellent. We spent a few hours at the pool, and have cocktails and a few appetizers, as we are all bushed.

I will update on the next segment of our trip. Too tired to type!!

Chica

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review... Muy Bueno!!!!

Chic hurry....I leave at 4:00am.........anymore info would be great......Now you did leave the Solmar in tact right? Hopefully my room at the Solmar will be a s nice as yours!

I'm so excited!, I'm packed, and ready to go!

Kim

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,014 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review... Muy Bueno!!!!

Hola! I am so glad you liked Solmar and thank you for giving Lupita my hello! Can't wait to hear all about everything mi amiga!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review... Muy Bueno!!!!

Chica,

thanks for all of the excellent information. Buena Suerte........ jim