We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Diego, CA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

4/21/2008-- I just returned from Cabo last night and I can tell you that you may want to try another company for your shuttle service. Based on the reviews, I went on their website and paid for round trip service for 2 people ($68 total to the Riu Palace). It was easy to locate the person in the "Orange Shirt", but once they "checked you in", you were in for a 40 min or longer wait until all parties arrived that they had scheduled on this shuttle. I received a receipt that showed my pick up time for 4/20 to be at 3:05 pm and to give them 15 min leeway either way and to not loose this receipt and to be on time. Amid all of this waiting, there is much disorganized chaos going on. Once you think that you are on your way-- you then get to take the round about way to get to the other terminal, to yet wait again for them to pick up more people so that they can make sure that they have a FULL shuttle, and believe me it is a FULL shuttle with luggage everywhere! Yes, I know what a shuttle is--but this was ridiculous. For my return shuttle, they never showed. I had the hotel call them and she told me that she was sorry, but they didn't have someone to pick us up and to use another form of transportation to get to the airport. It was ok for them to leave me high and dry--but they sure let you know that if you use another form of transportation they will not refund you. They knew my name and what hotel I was staying at-but yet did not call to tell me this, so at 3:25 I found myself with no transportation to the airport. The hotel called a taxi for us and we were able to carpool with another couple and the cost was $15 per person, which is cheaper than what TransCabo was charging us. I don't know if I'll get my refund or not- but will certainly try. TransCabo = Disorganized chaos and bad customer service.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,315 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

Sorry you had a bad experience but that is not the norm with them. We have been using them for years and have them booked again for next week. We have never had to wait more than 15 minutes or so for the van to fill up. It only holds 8-10 people so not sure why it took so long for yours?

For the return trip, it does say on the voucher to call them to confirm 24 hours in advance which we have always done. They have always picked us up on time. Did you call to confirm?

I will let everyone know how it goes next week- I sure hope their service hasn't slipped and that this was an isolated incident!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,442 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

I am sorry and surprised to hear this. Did you reconfirm at the front desk the day prior? When Cape Travel had extra pax. last year, they popped 4 of us in a cab-at no additional charge, for our return to the airport...........

port...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

Thanks for your review, I was going to use this service for my trip to cabo in june but now i am second guessing. I would like to hear any other reviews on transcabo by some others that have used this service before I make up my mind!

cabo and cali
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

Sorry about your troubles for sure.

We have been going to cabo since the early 90's. Transportation is a sore spot to everyone who knows what happens sometimes. Remember its Mexico even tho its high class and expensive.

Same thing happened to us yesterday but we took it all in stride and paid the cab to take us. We find its best to go with the flow and adpot the Mexican attitude of ni modo which my loosely translated undertstanding means 'ya cant change or control it so just accept it and live longer and happier".

TransCabo is one of the original companies established to provide transportation service. The DMC's subcontract from them so maybe it has something to do with another palm needing grease.

I hope Michael Oney the general manager of the El Presidente Hotel does not mind if I copy and paste some of his post about the transportation issue.

The resorts have appealed the court rulings on the matter, however, at this point, the taxi commission has the upper hand, and pick-ups are very much regulated. Many of you may notice "inspectors" at the entrance of most all of the resorts, who check any tour bus, etc for a roster of passengers which has to be previously registered, etc.

Several tranport agencies act as Destination Management Companies which permit them to do some hotel-aiport transportation if it has been coordinated previously via a tour operator and the list has been registered, however, I am not aware of how this would work on individual reservations, etc. Also, it is managed to some degree by how the vehicle is registered...as to where they can pick-up passengers.

The Taxi drivers are just protecting their business interests.

To all future visitors of Los Cabos, the Taxi rules are a reality we all face, however do not let this affect the wonderful time you can have.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

What type of shuttle did you book? we were going to book with them for our trip in October - we have a group of 6 of us.

we thoguht we'd book a vehicle that seats 6 people so we didnt have to wait for any other people.

California
Level Contributor
466 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

Thats Mexico. It ain't perfect but really would we have it any other way. I kinda like the way business is done. It makes it kinda fun. Relax have fun. Makes for a great story when you get home. If you don't like the heat stay in America....

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

when I used Transcabo last May, we found our guy and he was waiting for 2 other couples. Four of us were there and loaded, he finally said, we're off, the others can catch the next shuttle. We didn't wait but maybe 10 minutes. Actually I was just wandering around the van and finally had to jump in as he was ready to roll.

Your issue certainly isn't the norm. Don't know what to say, but certainly hope you get reimbursed for your one way back to the airport that got messed up.

California
Level Contributor
511 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

I don't know what hotel you were staying at... but it is always worth a try to see what private transportation they can arrange for you. I do know that I have never been charged for airport pickup and delivery when I have stayed at a top-tier. If I have had to arrange my own transportation... the amount I have had to pay for the distance between the airport at San Jose and San Lucas would be somewhere around 100.00 To Clarify... I am not saying that I have ever paid this amount in

Cabo... because I have my own car and driver... but if I were to fly into Reagan and take a town car the same distance ... it would cost me about 100.00 bucks... or 125.00... or 70.00... depending how slow business was. Ya know.. i'm just a little spooked giving hard numbers here... lest I be accused of being a Los Cabos poseur.

CA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

Hi,

We returned from Cabo today Apr 21, and also had issues with transcabo. I won't use them again, either. The pickup from the aiport was very smooth. The pickup from the hotel was another story. No where on my return voucher, that the driver gave me the day he dropped us at the hotel, does it say to confirm 24 hours ahead of time. We were told at the hotel, that Transcabo was on strike, that none of their drivers showed up today. Then was also told by transcabo when my husband called, that the taxis were blocking the entrance to the hotels and airport not allowing transcabo to get through. There were people at our hotel that has booked excursions through them..they were out of luck also.

Isn't it funny to that right on the return receipt it says.......if you take a taxi or other transportation credit will not apply. My husband talked to them on the phone from the hotel, and they said they would refund our credit card...funny thing...they didn't even take his name. Believe me I will be on the phone tomorrow with them...do I expect a refund...hahahah..heck no!!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,442 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TransCabo Shuttle-- Do NOT use them

Gizmo, you need to remember that very few of the resorts have their own transfers, and not everyone stays at the few that do. Your comments aren't so helpful to those that aren't in your "financial situation".............what ever that is. We are basically just a friendly bunch of people that love Cabo and Baja in general, and try to share information that helps those that may not be quite as familiar as others. While it would be lovely if all of us could arrange private transportation, it just doesn't work that way. Also, as mentioned~sometimes things have a glitch, and you have to figure out an alternate plan.......trust me, it happens here in the US and every place else in the world, but when it happens to you personally, it can be a problem, and it's helpful to all of us to be aware.